Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diazepam vs kalms

Diazepam vs kalms

Hi, I'm not one for taking meds although I do quite happily take kalms, I've flub you need to he on these a couple of days for them to kick in

I am going on a plane next week and dr has prescribed 2mg of diazapam, I'm just really nervous about taking it an when to take it. Dr said maybe take them a day or so early do I know the effect but I won't be as anxious until I'm at the airport. I've been taking kalms since Sunday and at the moment I'm relatively anxiety free, but come the weekend I will be in anxiety city!

Any advise?

Re: Diazepam vs kalms

Take the diazepam it should be fine, i found kalms did nothing for me.

I didn't find Kalms much help at all either. I've never taken diazepam so I'm not sure when to take it and things like that. It is addictive and not recommended for long term use, but if you're only taking it for a specific event such as going on a plane that you should be fine.

2mg is a very low dose so I would take them, I have taken them before flying and they helped. My doctor prescribed them to me a few weeks ago just to calm me down to get to a hospital appointment. I started taking them the day before.

Diazepam, personally, makes me feel very relaxed and drowsy and has no other real ill effects. It might even help you sleep on the plane and the journey could be over before you know it. If you're going to take it on the plane, I would advise taking it once you're on the plane and seated so that you don't have to go anywhere or do anything after you've taken it (silly tmi gross thing but pee first too so you don't have to get up and you can just sit).

It's a small dose but make it work for you. It shouldn't be taken regularly but taken when needed it can be really useful.

Morning,

Kalms havent ever done anything for me, but having not flown for 6 years due to anxiety and panic attacks I managed a 2 hour flight with diazepam a few weeks ago.

The meds didnt make me feel worse, not even tired, nothing but relaxed and "normal" - lovelly.

I was scared that once the tabs had worn off when I arrived that I would "crash" but, nothing. Although a few minutes one day, I had hot rushes in my arms and that was it.

Good luck and happy holiday.

Ditto from me - I've tried Kalms and couldn't register any effect from them at all. 2mg of diazepam is a very small dose. If you're really worried about taking them, you could always try breaking one of the tablets in half and just take it as a test.

Thank you all for your replies, it's a great help. I'm going to give a tablet a trial on Monday to test it out. For those that have tried diazepam before a flight how early before flying did you take it? My anxiety is worse at boarding hate and just before we take off so thinking about an hour before we board?

Well, this time around I took several throughout the day before, including one to get a good nights sleep.

Up early, 4am, took one within the hour, then flew at 8am. No more taken until the return journed.

These were 5mg.

You might not need to take until before boarding, if that is what bothers you.

I would say that for me, the 5mg took about an hour to kick in. Alot of people of reported that after 15-20 mins, they notice the difference but, I didnt.

Thabk you, dr has given me 2mg so maybe it would be worth taking them the day before so I will know whether to take 1 or 2, so hard isn't it lolThanks again for your help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information