Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: anyone taking cit a second or third time?

anyone taking cit a second or third time?

Hello, me again,

for anyone who is taking cit again, have you found the side effects more intense? I know I had some the first time and a few panic attacks but I put it down to my physical illness and not the cit.

But this time the side effects have been horrendous and very long lasting.

The first time I was on it I was on 20mg for 2 weeks and then upped to 40mg.

I stayed on 40mg for quite a while.

This time, as most of you know I was put on 20mg, took that for 1 day, took 40 the next, had a panic attack, didnt take any the next day, then took 10 the next day, then started taking 20mg each day after that.

not a greta way to restart eh?

after 6 weeks (including the messed up start, so I supose it could have been 5 weeks) I drpped down to 10mg for a week, dr said wants me to increase back to 40 as thats what I was on before, so took 20mg for 3 days and now have taken 30mg for 2 days.

but have people had varying reactions to taking cit for a second/third time? I know nicola that it didnt work for you on your 3rd/4th try, has anyone else had it fail to work for them on a second try?

I have read a bit about that happening, especially with paxil but I wonder about cit?

Re: anyone taking cit a second or third time?

I think you are increasing the dose too quickly to be honest.

It may be that this is no longer suited to you so go back to the doc and tell them exactly how you feel.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thanks Nicola, Im sorry If Im being a real pain in the bum :(

It is ok Iggy - we are just worried about you and trying to help.

You are not a pain in the bum at all ok.

I have been on it for 7 years apart from a brief period when I became very ill again. I have recently reduced from 60 to 40mg, after my gp reviewed me

I have been on it 3 separate times and each time was the same with regard to sides and effect of the drug.

I'm 4 months in and stable on 30mg.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones that have zero sides plus great drug efficacy?

Steve.

Lucky boy you are Steve, but I can allow that to give me hope. x

Do you self check Steve, its a habit I fond hard to get out of, was it anxiety that was your issue/reason for starting on the cit?

Ive gone upto 30mg for 2 days now and all I have is a mild headache, that and crippling anxiety for most of the day that subsides in the evening but I guess the anxiety is now my own, I never had it before starting cit but I think I have learned to fear and expect it so its there

Yes I started each time mainly because of acute health anxiety and a fear of being terminally ill. I also have low self esteem issues, depression and a smattering of social anxiety to add to the mix!!

I'm not sure what self checking is but don't think I do it? Since the 30mg of Cit took effect I am at the moment 100% cured of health anxiety but am still working on the other issues although they have eased a little on the Cit?

Steve.

self checking being constantly checking if im anxious or not, which usually triggers me to feel anxious.

im not as severe as i was for the first 4 weeks, i couldnt leave the house then. now i can but i feel moderate anxiety all the time, well until the evenings when i feel a little better,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information