Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: anyone taking cit a second or third time?

Re: anyone taking cit a second or third time?

Morning,

My experience is a bit like yours, I took citalopram about 4 years ago for the first time having had a break down. I thought my anxiety increase was related to my health but, in hindsight, having taken it now for the second time I would feel pretty confident in saying that my increase in anxiety, initially, was due to the tabs.

Luckily when I recommenced taking 20mg of citalopram back in dec '10, I was off work on holiday and was absolutely in pieces, a mess, I cant describe how terrible I felt. But, after a couple of weeks off work these side effects decreased quite quickly.

There is no way in this world that I could have gone to work, I laid in my bed for many a day...

I am still on citalopram and quite happy in life, not sure how much of my feeling good is down to the medication or me, myself.

Hope you feel better soon.

Jackie

But Jay Ann, my anxiety has not left me, not even after 8 weeks, Im still in a higher state of anxiety than I was before taking the meds, I just dont know how much of that is due to the meds or just that I have been in such a state for such a long time that I have created this state of permanent anxiety.

I wish I knew what to do for the best :(

Have you been back to your GP?

As everyone says, everybody is different but, maybe, after 8 weeks you might have seen a difference in your anxiety.

It could be, again I am not a GP (wish I was, I would like that salary) that these meds dont suit you and that you need to switch.

If you think you have given the medication a good crack at the whip then, I would suggest you go back to see your Doctor and get some further advice.

High alertness is draining in itself and you are constantly waiting for the next episode of anxiety to come and go..

If you think your anxiety has gotten worse then I would have thought the medication is not for you and perhaps you do need to try something else.

Jackie

Thats exactly my problem, If the anxiety isnt there I know its going to come on, but it IS there most of the time, I cant do everyday things anymore, everything I do is excruciating. But I dont know if its the tablets or me, at the moment I have just increased from 20mg to 30mg, Ive been on 30mg for 2 days so I know I have to try and let this settle, I havent had any major side effects from the increase that I have noticed.

The best I have felt through all of this was when I went down to 10mg, I had a couple of goodish days but then my pmt week hit and I went downhill fast.

The dr wants me to get to 40mg of cit because thats what I was on in the past and she thinks that that must be the therioutic dose, I am spectical. But the psyc said that the anxiety related to cit only lasts 6 weeks so anything I felt after that is my own.

My confidence is shot and I spend alot of time crying, so its deffo not working as an antidepressant is it? the only reason Im depressed is the anxiety, if it would only go then I would not be depressed anymore and could carry on living my life

Hi iggy

I have been reading your posts and I was a complete mess if you read mine which I have just put on here but 8 weeks is quit long if you was at rock bottom at the start it will take a bit longer as it did with me.
    Anxiaty is the worst feeling ever you just can't controll our mind you know whats happening but cant do much about it.
    What I will say is anxiaty may feel your going mad well that's how I felt but your not that easy for me to say at this time but it isn't when your anxiaty is so high the good news is you will get through it we all do on and off.
    Everyone said to me I need to get out bloody hell I could not even get out the chair but I did mange to get out with force I felt like crap but I did do it.

I have never read a book before but I did (war of he worlds) in 2 days but it took my mined off it for a time.

What ever happens you will feel better soon the oly thing I don't understand if ou felt better before taking these you need to maybe see he doc.

and how are you now rocker? was it anxiety for you? mine is with me constantly, Im not bothered about external things, I dont worry exessivly about things, only the anxiety, I hate it so much, it ruins everything I try to do.

are you on meds?

Rocker, that sounds like I was back in 2010.

When my daughter was off school, pre christmas, I actually slept on her bedroom floor when my husband went to work because I needed support. I CANT BELIEVE THAT WAS ME.........

I COULDNT MOVE WITHOUT FEELING @*&%, IT WAS THE MOST HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE EVER, SO, IGGY I COMPLETELY SYMPATHISE. I FOUND IT REALLY FRIGHTENING. I WAS DEFO FAR MORE WORSE INITIALLY.

I THINK YOU SOUND LIKE YOUR GP IS ADVISING YOU AS BEST AS POSSIBLE.

IGGY, I SEE YOU HAVE BEEN ON DIAZEPAM, HAS THAT HELPED WITH SIDE EFFECTS?

I WASNT AWARE THAT YOU COULD TAKE ANOTHER MED TO BALANCE IT OUT BUT, WONDERED IF YOU HAVE DONE THIS.

Yes I have some diaz, but the anxiety isnt bad enough to warrent taking it, besides all it really does for me is knock me out and then make me feel depressed.

In a way I wish I had just stuck to the 20mg for 8 weeks instead of changing at 6 weeks to 10mg but I needed to do something to try to stop these horrid feelings.

I will carry on with the 30mg, and Im seeing the dr tomoz, that will be a pointless exercise as she will just tell me to carry on with the 30mg and see her next week, but I REALLY need to push to see a psyc not just for her to speak to one on the phone, and I also want to see a phychologist, if I have created this anxiety myself then I want to speak to someone qualified who can tell me how to reverse it.

My face feels a little hot today and Im deffo anxious, but it could be because of my increase so I guess Ill have to wait it out and see if this 30mg settles and then hopefully go uo to 40mg next week if the side effects arent too bad.

I just cant see a way out, I worry that Im gonna be stuck like this forever, never being able to enjoy a moment even when Im so desperate to. I should have been so happy and proud to see my son today at his first day at school, and although I was proud of course my experience was ruined by these feelings.

Hi Iggy, I think I am on my third time (I have actually lost count lol), maybe my second....not sure!

This time round I think I have had more noticeable side effects than previous episodes of the medication, I too had wondered about this

and what are you taking yours for little scientist?

My side effects were very bad and lasted a very long time but now I dont know if the anxiety I have is still caused by cit or if its mine, although I never had anxiety before starting.

well, I did have anxiety but about an illness that I had a while ago, I worried it was coming back so went on the cit.

the side effects blew me out of the world, and now, I have what I supose is GAD low level to moderate constant anxiety which stops me doing ANYTHING because its so uncomfortable.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information