Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is this the tablets?

is this the tablets?

Hi,

I am hoping for some advice. I have really bad anxiety at the moment so my GP has put me on Sertraline. He has put me on Sertraline as i have been on it twice before with no issues - once in 2003-2005 and then 2006-2008. Those times i had no problems and could continue to function day to day. I started the tablets yesterday and today i feel like a zombie. Thats the easiest way of putting it. I have no energy left and can't function. I have notoiced my anxiety early this time and managed to avoid being off work but feel so rotten today i have had to take time off. I don't know if its worth going back to the doctor or if i should leave it - just a little confused so any advice would be apprecciated.

Re: is this the tablets?

I'm just at week 3 of 50mg Sertraline, I have to say the first few weeks I was a zombie.

Things little easier now, not as zombied but still don't feel like I am fully "back in the room". I have been told this is normal and can take a numbe rof weeks for the meds to kick in and to feel more like old self - fingers crossed

Last two times i was on it i didn't get any side effects that why i am a bit concerned. They knew i was keen to keep working but it is impossible. Think i may need another trip to the doctor tomorrow.
    Hope you feel better soon

And you catlady2012, hope Docs goes well

Doc suggested i move taking the tablets at night for three days - first night was last night and i am a zombie again today. I will persevere another two night though.

Hi Catlady, I've been on Sertraline 50mg for 5 days. Have been getting the shakes and some weakness. Last night while watching telly I had an overwhelming sense of being spaced out which I still have. They have helped a bit with the anxiety so I think I'll give them another 2/3 weeks before going back to the doc. My doc told me Sert was one of the less drowsy AD's. My boyf has been on Mirtazipine and it totally knocked him out so I don't think Sert is too bad.

Let me know how you get on as I also hate the spaced out feeling x

Hi there

I am 3 and half weeks now, been to Drs and as from tomorrow I', up from 50mg to 100mg. The last few days on 50mg I have felt better (less zombie).

Stick with them, the side effects do wear off

Hopefully they do wear off soon - i really want to get back to work next week stressing me even more being off. fingers crossed. This never happened last time but i suppose that was almost five years ago.
    x

I think i need to go back to doctor tomorrow and ask for something else. i literally cant function on these tablets and i cant deal with that. hopefully there is something else to try. x x

Hi catlady2012, hope you get sorted, take care xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information