Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Amitriptyline

Lightbulb Amitriptyline

Hi I've been prescribed amitriptyline for tension headaches but was wondering they will also help with my anxiety? Any advice would be appreciated.

Xx

Re: Amitriptyline

Hi there,

I have just started 100mg for anxiety and depression so hoping they do work. I have been taking them for 2 weeks bit early to tell for me....

Hope they help. I'm on 20mg at the moment, goin up to 30mg next week. You experiencing any side effects?

Hi

I will move this to the correct forum for you

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi there,

Maybe a dry mouth and bit groggy in the morning but in general ok...Good luck with your medication I am sure it will help the pain as well.

Steven

hi im on 20mg for headaches and although i still get the odd of day but deffinately bearable they have worked wonders for me and i know 20mg is a really low dose ive had no anxiety since i started them and its been 5/6 weeks now in the begining i had abit of dizzyness dry mouth and i wondered if id done the right thing but im so glad i did ive had great dreams and a good nights sleep i find taking mine at tea time have worked best for me ...... good luck with them i think they have changed my life im so much more relaxed and happy

Thumbs up Re: Amitriptyline

Hi Sazlebazle

That is really good news I have been told it is one of the old types but can still be very effective for anxiety, depression and pain. I also have tolerated it well and it is helping. I hope that you continue to get the benefits from it as well. The good thing about a low dose is less side effects and if you need to increase you have plenty of scope. I have a close family member and a friend who take 250mg a day. Good luck and take care for now...

Steven
    Last edited by neowallace; 07-09-12 at 07:47.

Thank u for the feedback I started taking 30mg last nite around 6pm, bit of dry mouth and really vivid dreams but my headache is starting to shift. Don't make me as drowsy as I thought they would. Not been on them long enough to notice if they will help with my anxiety but hoping they will.

its one of the old meds but a lot of people say its one of the best
    it can be used for pain to
    god bless

Thumbs up Re: Amitriptyline

After trying quite a few different SSRI's and SNRI's I think this type of AD seems to be working better for me. Been on it for around 3 weeks now and don't feel as anxious in the morning as I did before.

Steven

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information