Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Amitriptyline

Re: Amitriptyline

Quote Originally Posted by Heaven_Scent View Post
    There are more effective antidepressant on the market these days. You copin ok now?
    Yes, you have to deal with whatever the cause of your Anx is eventually,I'm better off the meds than I was on them. Just feeling awake again is great, after 10yrs feeling dizzy and spaced out all the time.

I know how you feel, I was on ssri's for nearly 8 years. So liberating gettin well and comin off them Had a couple of little wobbles in the last few years due to life events but apart from that I'm doin good. Pleased to hear others are able to get well and stay well without meds. I'm all for the recovery model.

hi guys I was on amitriptyline for about 12months.when my gp prescribed them it was for the pain in my feet for rheumatoid arthritis but they were then only 20mg a day.as they were not really helpful for the pain I came off them in November.I was then put on tramadol which worked a treat.but for some reason when I had started taking them 2 days on 1day off,that is when I had my big panic attack on new year s day.paramedic s came to see me and said it might of been the start of my panic attack.thinking about it my family and myself thinks it could be a build up from the end of November.as I am disabled I can't do much or I "burn out quite quick".so I have to pace myself.well I went into town about 2/3 Times a week,which is usually once every couple of weeks.also there was of course Christmas,my granddaughter 1st birthday party,took my other granddaughter to a pantomime.on my granddaughter s birthday my husband and myself babysat for our son's 2 children so they could go out and have some time together.well when we got home I pulled up outside our house and I could not undo my seatbelt so l panicked a bit.then 3days later that is when my world got turned upside down.a week later I went to see my gp and was prescribed this same pill again but on a much higher dose.this is my 6th day and apart from a very dry mouth,and wandering legs,there are helping a lot.take care one and all.

things happen for a reason,but we do not always agree.

medication im on
    Doxazosin,bendroflumethiazide for blood pressure.
    levothyroxine,for thyoids.
    pregabalin, for panic/depression. Fibromyalgia
    amitriptyline,for rheumatoid arthritis in feet.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information