Thread: Venlafaxine 150mg + Antipsychotic??

Question Venlafaxine 150mg + Antipsychotic??

Hi all,

I had a medical review two days ago and was hoping to start cutting down on my venlafaxine (because it wasn't working so what was the point).
    I saw a psychiatrist in my review who decided to perscribe an Antipsychotic! This was along with my venlafaxine by the way!

I was shocked really and kindly refused.
    She gave me a booklet called 'your guide to the side effects of Antipsychotics' and asked me to think about it and to pick one if i decided to go ahead with it.

The psychiatrist also said I need to have regualar blood tests on these, which makes me think, wtf are they?

They all left with me feling dissapointed and confused over what just happened.

I dont like taking my venlafaxin anyway because I think its pointless when they dont help and I feel like a crazy person having to take them all the time.

Well, here I am. Thinking about it.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers guys!

Re: Venlafaxine 150mg + Antipsychotic??

Hi Kyle,

I can't really give any advice on taking venlafaxine with anti-psychotics but I thought I'd try and encourage you to think it through.

I looked at your previous posts but I can't really tell how you're feeling at the moment. The question is do you feel you need some extra help and is it worth giving it a go? There could be other alternatives which I imagine you've talked through with your psychiatrist, such as increasing venlafaxine to 225mg, trying different meds altogether or therapy.

If you're feeling pretty bad and don't think other options are a possibility, then you could give it a go and see how you get on. Remember that things are never permanent and you can always stop taking them if they're not helping.

Let us know how you get on

Pip

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Venlafaxine 150mg + Antipsychotic??

Yeah I do feel pretty bad. Suicidal a lot of the time which I dont think is normal. The idea of suicide is the only thing that would make me happy in an ideal world but trying my hardest not to be selfish.

I understand antidepressants can increase suicidal ideation, but is this true even after 4 months of being on them??

I keep blaming these tablets for the way I feel.
    But looking back, I have felt like this to some degree since primary school.

Thanks for your reply by the way Pip.

Thread Information