Thread: Antidepresants causing suicidal ideation

Unhappy Antidepresants causing suicidal ideation

Hey again,

Sorry to keep mithering!

Just a quick one, I understand antidepressants can cause people to feel suicidal BUT I have been on venlafaxine for 4 / 5 months now and still feel so down. The only thing that makes me happy is the thought of suicide.

Could this be the tablets or just me?

I did feel like this before but not sure if it was to this extent. (although I did end up in icu after overdosing)

Any comments would be appreciated, even if its telling me to just go and do "it" because it would be easier

Cheers,

Re: Antidepresants causing suicidal ideation

You have to remember that drugs do not change the underlying anxiety and thoughts all the time.

You have to work at self-help too and not rely completely on the medication.

No-one is going to tell you to go and do it!

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Yes I realize that Nicola but I dont know if I am fighting depression alone or the medication side effects also.

If you read my other threads you will notice I hate being on meds because I feel like a f**k up!

I am trying to help myself. I hate being like this!

And maybe if I had proper help instead doctors trying to drug me up all the time I would'nt be this bad!

Never mind eh,

Cheers for reply.

I hated being drugged up too so chose the self-help route and CBT.

I read all I could, I did relaxation every day, I tried hypnotherapy, reiki etc etc

It can be done but you have to work hard at it and it takes time - a long long long time lol

You will get there in time

The most important thing in my recovery was to keep working and not go off long term sick.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I keep asking about CBT etc. but they just keep saying I'm not ready or I'm on the waiting list.

Dear Keeelo if you are having thoughts of suicide even if they are only thoughts and you wouldn't act on them you need to see your GP/Pdoc asap. EJ

Thread Information