Thread: Up-dosing

Up-dosing

Hello,

This is the first time that i have posted on this forum, but i've been reading posts and using the citalopram survival guide for a few weeks now.

I know that i'll be able to find the answers and support i need from this site and im looking forward to your responses.

I was prescribed celexa for panic and general anxiety a few weeks ago, but i've been really taking my time getting on it due to the fact that i am currently trying to taper off of a low dose of xanax that ive been taking for a couple of months.

I was on enough xanax for long enough to experience withdrawal symptoms for a few days (started last taper on saturday, felt worst withdrawal on Monday, and withdrawal symptoms for a few days after) and i still feel a bit weird today but today was the day that i wanted to move up from 5mg celexa up to 10mg.

I've been on the 5mg celexa for exactly 2 weeks now and i dont have any side effects from it anymore (headaches, anxiety, intrusive thoughts). I actually came from 2.5mg in the beginning and i felt renewed side effects going up to 5mg. I know that its working for me but i also know that being on a sub therapeutic dose, like 5mg, isnt going to do very much.

So as i said, today (or tomorrow, if im really that worried about it) will be the day that i up dose to 10mg and im a little worried about experiencing side effects again. I've already went through a lot with the xanax withdrawal this week and im kind of exhausted.

Should i be worried or am i just thinking too much into it?

Thanks again
    Last edited by nemcatacoa; 06-09-12 at 18:17.

Thread Information