Thread: I know its just the side effects but ........

I know its just the side effects but ........

just need some reassurance

am on day 11 of sertraline

7 days at 25mg

now taking 50mg

have been over anxious & unable to concentrate - constantly searching for answers as to what is wrong with me & why I cant live a normal life

today am thoroughly weepy convinced Im never going to be fixed :(

this is my 3rd time on meds
    -citalopram twice

the last time 18 months ago & I stopped about 8 weeks ago as I was still so tired I didn think they were doing any good

I had bad side effects on cit both times which is why I told doc I couldnt go on them again so I know thats probably all it is

but ....................

Re: I know its just the side effects but ........

You need to stop worrying about getting better, thats what i was doing.. it makes things alot worse and heightens ur anxiety. ive been on 4 AD's now in 3 months, ive settled on Ven and at last im seeing an improvement. I know its hard but just try take one day at a time, and dont think to far in advance. hope this helps.

thank you

to be honest I am also worried about not getting everything 'properly' sorted this time

I never have any motivation

when I find something I do like doing I tend to almost get addicted to it

and every now & again I really lose control in a kind of 'high' way and then crash back down to normality again !

so many problems that sometimes I wonder where to start !

louise x

I am 3 and half weeks on 50mg Sertraline, just increased to 100mg this morning. It sounds about right for feelings around 11 days, I was the same.

The last few days I have started to pick up and noticed more better moments.

I don't do it but it could be useful to keep a diary or log of feelings/how you were to reflect back on. I walked down to the town fair today, last weekend I didn't want to leave my bed. I didn't stay too long but coped with people and noise, a marked improvement.

I think it is the little stuff that others see in you and it is so hard when you are living in the hell that is anxiety/depression.

I know I am only a inch on the road towards being able to manage my symptoms and like you thought I would never feel brighter but it comes, I promise.

I find keeping busy helps, to the point I have walked the park 4 times in a day just to keep moving around, I think it has helped massively.

Take care
    MM x

---------- Post added at 15:22 ---------- Previous post was at 15:21 ----------

PS I was on Cit for two days before Sertraline, it sent me off the scale but Sert is fine x

well yesterday wasnt so bad in the end

made myself go to mums with daughters & autistic son for a bit cos I could see hubby needed a break even tho he wouldnt admit it

hate to see what this is doing to him :(

this morning was fine till I thought I felt a bit better - cue a big panic attack about what would happen if I hit one of my 'highs' (would I keep it under control) and worry about the dip back down again

back under control (ish) now but so bloody scared :(

xxxxxx

Big hugs ljaynew xx

Thread Information