Thread: facial numbness

facial numbness

Dear all,

I've been on and off various meds, but no matter what I take I consistently have these numb sensations in my face. Sometimes they are around my chin, sometimes my nose and eyes. I wake up with it and carry it with me all day. They do tend to abate when I take some benzo's, so assume there is an anxiety relationship. Anybody else experience this and found ways to cope with it? I find it terribly debilitating, particularly when communication, and desperate to understand the cause.

Thank in advance for you support!

Re: facial numbness

hi there, i have had facial numbness/tightness with right sided facial twitching for past 15 years which i developed during a dark deep psychotic depression. the meds i took at time during hospitalisation lifted me out of psychosis but the numbness/tightness/twitching never went away. a trip to the neurological hospital as i was convinced i had developed a new form of parkinsons/motor neurone disease found no neurological cause. numerous psychiatrists were not helpful as the minute the gay word was mentioned that is what they homed in on which was not the problem as i was totally at ease with my sexuality.

so i just learned to live it by putting myself in the line of fire ie the public. my coping mechanism was/is when the numbness is at extreme levels i just touch my face as a kind o reassurance that it is still there which it always is. if i do this in public so what, you never know some1 else arouund you is probably doing/thinking the same thing.

i have come this and i sure you will, dont look for medication to resolve the numbness it won't. i have enjoyed a hedonistic lifestyle, travelled and worked as a nurse all with a numb face.

hoped this helped, dont hesitate to contact me if you need anymore advice, not always on online but will always reply when i am

mark xxx

Thread Information