Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 19 views and not one answer . come on guys

Re: 19 views and not one answer . come on guys

well its been a couple of months nearly now and my mouth is bone dry in the night,so bad....plus im not feeling ANY better since iv been on them. only sleeping better but havnt felt and mood change in any way at all....how long dp these things take to work....im on 50 mg

Dry mouth is a common side effect of alot of meds..

god dam drugs... most nights i sleep from 11pm till around 5-6am which is great...But some other nights , like last night , if i wake my mouth is so dry its saw. then i struggle to fall back to sleep ... so if i wake at 1am for a toilet,,, Thats it for my sleep that night as I just cant drift back off to sleep again..So the problem gets worse as every night I start to worrie about waking as i know i wont fall back ....So i start a bad loop of negetive thinking every night.

I have the same prob Greg, I've not slept right for months and I have panic attacks when I don't have sleeping pills. So much for Trazodone and Mirtazapine being Ad's that have a sedative built in them hey ):

---------- Post added at 10:15 ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 ----------

50mg's isn't even a theraputic dose Greg btw, I was only on Traz for a couple of weeks but started at 100mg's and that wasn't the dose you was supposed to get better on either.

Hi Greg

150mg is the starting dose for this medication for depression and it's 75mg for anxiety. Maybe you should speak to your Doctor about a dosage increase

im going back to my docs this week to talk about upping my meds... the funny thing is guys when i was on sleeping pills , not only did i have a good night sleep I felt happy all day almost like they kept me slightly siddated through my day making me relaxed...It there any sleeping pills that are safe long tearm use because my mum and dad have been on sleeping pills for years and keep telling me to ask for some perminant..??

Was you on Zopiclone Greg? I am on Zop as well as Trazodone because my sleep is so poor. Zop doesn't really make me sleep long but it certainly keeps me calm, I'm dreading ever coming off them whilst I've still got anxiety but hopefully as I up the Traz I won't need them any way. I've been on Zopiclone about 5 months now and just hope my new doctor I'm about to register with still prescribes them until the Traz hopefully kicks in.
    The worst side effect for me on Traz is heartburn and I feel like I want to burp all the time, ha ha! I've not got much of an appetite either but apart from that it's been a walk in the park to start up on (so far!!!)
    I asked my doctor what the usual dose for anxiety is and he said up to 200mg's and anywhere up to 600mg for depression. I've not really got any day time anxiety even on 50mg's but very much still have my night panic if I wake up and I only managed to sleep till 2.30am last night so think an increase is needed for me too when I next see Dr J on Monday.

Karen STAY AWAY from Zopiclone...I got hooked on these for 2 solid months and although i felt good on them in the day, they stooped helping me to sleep and i would wake every night around 2.30 am and couldn't fall back to sleep so i started taking more and so on.....I felt great in the day as they relaxed me so much...But 3 different Pharmacists all told me to come off them...they are only for very short term use only...these are a very addictive drug and in the long term will be very harmful to your body....It took me around 2 solid months to come off them i couldn't sleep all that time and really suffered...it took Traz to get me off which they have done an amazing job for me...im only on 50mg but sleep 6-7 hrs every night on them...i want to increase them to help with my anxiety soon...But take it from me ..Get off the Zopiclone it will get you in time...

I had dry mouth with ssri. It never went away while I was taking it

I've been on Zopiclone 5 months Greg I am already hooked ): I've been on Zop that long before though and never had a prob coming off it but my anxiety had gone when I did, where as I've been on Mirtazapine for 7 months what's not worked at all for my anxiety so am at square one hoping Trazodone helps now so I can get off the Zopiclone. I'm seeing my doctor at 11am so he might increase the Trazodone.

---------- Post added at 09:36 ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 ----------

PS.I'm only on 7.5mg's of Zop but find if I've ever taken half a pill extra my day time anxiety is gone but they won't even prescribe more than one pill a night at my surgery. I'd love to get off them now but my anxiety is just so bad during th enight if I ever wake up so I take the Zop purley to clam me down as it's never really heped me sleep much. Nothing does, already Trazodone is pooping out on me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information