Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 19 views and not one answer . come on guys

Re: 19 views and not one answer . come on guys

Karen
    i was on Zop the same dose as you..
    First i was on 3.5 1 per night
    then i started to need 2 at night , then i started to want more because , like you i could notice my daytime Anxiety had gone so i got addicted to zop because of this and now they were not helping me stay asleep anymore..
    But they are just not a good drug to take for more than a month and thats on a 2 weekly cycle... a lot of TV STARS take Zop in there day because it gives them a high, a lift , you feel good on them..But you will soon start to need more to get the same effect and thats when the real prob begins esp when your doc wont give you the amounts you need...then your stress will rise and so will your anxiety ...so you cant win on them...Go to any phymasist and ask what they sugest for the usage of these drugs....Remember a Doctor is not trained in Medicanin no where near the standards as a Phymasist.....please forgive me for my spelling...lol...Greg

What's your anxiety like on Trazodone now Greg? I'm still on 50mg's that's all after seeing my doctor this morning, he says I can increase next week and not to expect any change in my anxiety levels for a good month till they take some effect. I've had anxiety and panic for 7 months now since my divorce began but got put on Mirtazapine which never did a thing for me, not even make me sleep. I've managed to come completley off Diazepam now and just need to get off the Zopiclone but at the minute I'm still waking up totally panic ridden so basically do use it as a substitute tranquilizer as it doesn't make me sleepy, just chilled enough to cope. But like you say after a while you start needing that little bit more. I could do with another half a pill after taking it for 5 months but am hoping Trazodone reduces my anxiety enough to come off it for good and hopefully at some point I have to get over my marriage break up and naturally just come down. My doctor says Trazodone is good for anxiety but every one is different so he can't promise me it will actually be any better than Mirtazapine, only time will tell.

Karen,Iv been on traz 50 mg now for 56 days and have still no problem getting to sleep with it...I take it at 9.30pm then bed at 10.30pm by then im wanting to shut my eyes and then after no time atall.... im gone...6-7 hrs.If i wake for a toilet i always have a very dry mouth so i have a bottle of water by my bed just to have a quick drink...I dont think the dry mouth will ever go but im just excepting that and getting use to it...As for my anxiety, that has Slightly gone down , I have some very good days and some ok days and a few not great days.But this is a low dose to treat anxiety anyway so im not expecting much at the mo...I think half the battle is to just except whats going on and what medication you are taking and try not to keep watching yourself and making a diary every day,,I found all that to be a constant reminder of the whole im in,so i just put it all into the back of my head and get on with it all and i think its helps me...Divorce is hard for anyone so maybe time will heal you and you will feel better as time goes by....

I'm no longer getting the sickly, appetitie supressant side effect or much of a dry mouth But do think Traz has slightly heightened my anxiety even on just 50mg's. It's not terrible but I felt a faster heart rate most of yesterday and it didn't go away until way past 7 where as my anxiety has got a bit better during the day just of late and has always completley left me around 4pm but it's such early days for me and I am pretty sensitive to side effects especially the heightened anxiety...but I'm still sticking with it as it's been a walk in the park starting up compared to when I tried Venlafaxine a few weeks ago which made me totally spaced out, sick as a dog all day long and I had really bad anxiety so quit it after 4 or 5 days. It was just too potent for me.
    I actually managed to sleep till 6am today too! Wooo, that is a total first as I've not slept brilliantly for months now so hopefully, fingers crossed the Traz is doing a little something already before moving up a dose. I just want to feel like I can cope as soon as I wake up as still feeling very paniky but that's not going to happen over night I guess so like you Gregg I'm not expecting toomuch on 50mg's.

Karen ..Give it time in your system..my doc said it takes upto 2 months before your body and mind are really excepting of Traz... I felt Hightend anxiety for the first month or so , on and off in my day and at night, but just decided to go with it, because it has helped my sleeping sooooo much i was willing to go through a little hell for that...i have some good days and not so good days, But no worse then i used to get before Traz..So i am getting good sleep..And having better days...Surely it can only get better on a higher dose...i still get the dry mouth at night and slight in my day..but i hardly wake at night now...I have a very small snack at 9.30pm maybe a small handfull of my breakfast cerial..which is bran flakes no sugar no milk just dry ..no calories..lol..then my Traz with a small gulp of water.. i do not eat or drink after 5.30 anyway so you dont wake needing the toilet... i goto bed at 9.30. with a book or a small time on my laptop with the backlight turned right down..then by 10.30pm im ready...before 11pm im gone...lovely...

I'm really settling down at night again now, I didnt have any anxiety at all after 4pm yesterday but during the day, I had that nervous feeling you get with anxiety but just got on with things and it passed. It's just annoying more than frightening and I know Trazodone can make you feel more nervous before better so I'm defo sticking with it for atleast the 8 weeks my gp told me to. My sleep seemed to get bad again half way through last week but luckily it's been much better htis week but I'm hoping I start waking up not feeling so panicy. Even on a low dose like 50mg's have you noticed any improvement with how you feel when you first wake up Greg? Or is it just purely your sleep that's a whole lot better which I know, is something as I'd also become a total insomniac. Apart from the hieghtened anxiety all my other side effects have gone now, trust the nervousness to stick around unless that relaly is just me as I've got a biggie week coming up, I'm moving into my new flat and have to change doctors and just hope the new ones are understanding. Myt little boy is starting his new shcool too so lots going on (but a few nice things like my Sister's 4th Birthday surprise party, Halloween and bonfire night too!)

Good to her you sound more positive Karen...my mood has def lifted prob about 30 -40% over the last 3 weeks now...my life hasnt changed so it must be a combination of better sleep and the Traz having a small effect. I can still have the odd bad night and wake then not fall back, just like Normal people. !! lol..we forget average people have bad nights and grotty mornings and depressing days to....we just think we have to be on good form all the time....you have to except you WILL get bad days to...but relish the good ones and remember and focus on them , not the bad one we might of had ...its all in the mind .....its not always easy to see it like that .I have my negitive days and think to myself , its all gone backwards,But then i try to remind myself how quick it can all change and leave me feeling good again...I wake some mornings Still very tired grotty and iritable even after 7 hrs good sleep...my mood is sometimes still low my eyes strain and i feel unaprochable ...But i just keep moving through and wait for improvement to come...i feel good around some people and bad around others.!! so its never consistant for me But i keep moving on...you have good things to look forward to that will ocupy your mind so may be distracted from it all for a while..Try to relax and take each day as it comes..worry about tomorow and next week...When you get to it...Dont think how will i feel tonight how will i feel tomorow...untill you get to it otherwise you are setting ykurself up to fall....

That's really good advice Greg and such positive thinking. I'm wanting to move into my flat finally this weekend but am waiting for a call from my doctor to see if will write my next prescription for my Trazodone and Zop then I need to register at my new gp's and hope they are good and understanding. Ho0pefully once I start leading a proper life things might calm down a bit for me at long last and my divorce is going through to the final stage, phew! Having said that I was wide awake at 2.30am last night so the Trazodone didn't help but I have such a lot on my mind with this moving lark and as you say even people not suffering with anxiety or depression get sleepless nights. I really don't see 50mg's of Traz doing much for me so want to move onto 100mg's asap and up to 150mg if needs be. I really just want to be my old self for Christmas, ha ha!

Thats the spirit Karen positive thinking...Funny all the advice iv given you about the sleeping..Because last two nights for me i also have woken and struggled to get back to sleep and last night was like my old days I woke at 12 am then managed to fall back then i woke at 2 am , laid there untill 3am getting realy frustrated then i went to my lounge and laid there till 4 and went back up and slept for about 1hr , then i was awake again and have been since and feel Realllllly tired and Flat today...so I still get those moments ...BUT i will go to bed tonight and put that at the back of my mind anf hopefully get 6-7 hrs again which I find always makes me feel good just knowing i have slept well...I have my apt with my Doctor this coming monday and will tell him all my ups and downs and sleep pattern etc etc...He is not my Doc in the surgery , he is a Doctor in my local hostpital for the mental health team so they have a vast amount of excperiance over a norm Gp...Ill keep you posted on what he says and advices ..I expect he will tell me to move up to 100 mg or there abouts ...Keep in touch Karen and we can share feedback ...

Hi my meds cause dry mouth and if you breathe through your mouth when you are asleep it can make things ten times worse
    D.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information