Thread: Large lump in neck-terrified

Large lump in neck-terrified

I have been to docs this morning with a lump that's a little smaller than a golf ball, in my neck. He took one look and said he's referring me to ENT and it will be a quick appointment. I am absolutely terrified and cant stop crying. I've been going to docs for few weeks with this and had 2 lots of bloods done, both of which were normal. This reassured me until I mentioned this to the doctor today. I said if it's anything sinister, it would show on bloods wouldn't it? He said not nessecarily!! I feel sick and shaky. Not sure how I'm going to get through these days until my appointment. I've got a young child and don't want them to see me in this state.

Re: Large lump in neck-terrified

Try to stay calm, maybe just a swollen lymph node. Does it hurt at all?

He said it doesn't look like a lymph gland, like the ones you get when you're ill. But who knows? It's tender when I touch it but not overly sore x

It doesn't have to be something bad.

I had a 2.5cm lump in my groin that turned out to be scar tissue.

Yes, this is scary as hell but there are literally a million harmless things it could.

I know deep down that it could be something and nothing. I just panicked when he said that normal bloods doesn't mean it's nothing sinister. I've card down a little and thinking about it logically, I'm sure he has no choice but to say this. It's coming over me in waves of panic now, I
    Just want it looked at ASAP so my mind can be put at rest. Thanks v much for the replies, appreciated x

After a pretty calm day yesterday, today, my anxiety levels are through the roof! This may be because somebody said to me yesterday 'Oh, I better not tell you the story abut my mum'....then told me anyway...that she kept going to the docs with lump in her neck and it eventually turned out to be lymphoma. Thanks for that!

I am still waiting to hear when my appointment is.

I keep trying to be positive, like, I have no other symptoms, no weight loss (I recently put 10lb on, on holiday!!). My white blood cell count is fine etc

PLEASE can anyone help reassure me? I am out of my mind with worry

---------- Post added at 13:41 ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 ----------

got my NHS ppointment through for next Wed. I have phoned a private hospital and got an appointment for tomorrow. Scared is not the word

Thread Information