Thread: kidney failure

kidney failure

hello everyone, im new here.

i had some blood tests done last week for memory loss and one of the things they were going to test were my kidneys.

when i got home i did some research on the net and it looks like i have a few symptoms of kidney failure!!!

im worried sick and cant stop crying, my partner says im being stupid and theres nowt wrong with me and that its in my head but i cant help feeling that my results are going to come back tomorrow with everything i feared!!!

i had a drink problem for a few years which i controlled by myself a couple of years ago but now i fear i might have done some permanent damage and the docs wont be able to do anything about it!!!

sorry its so long [8)]

Hi and welcome aboard.

What symptoms do you have as they can be explained with other things as well.

Hopefully the test results will reassure you as well. There is not point worrying until you get them.

If you had done damage from drinking then you would have had problems before now I think.

Let us know how it goes.

Nicola

hiya nicola, thanks for replying

ive got slightly swollen ankles, back pain, urge to go wee ( tho i do drink lots of fluids ), itchy skin and i get tired quite easily.

ive read that kidney failure can take a long time to happen and its a silent killer.

i will let you know what the doc says as soon as i get the results, thanks again and sorry for being so morbid, i sound like a crazy woman for gods sake [V]

ok so i rang up for my results this morning and the receptionist couldnt tell me anything. she said that yes they are back but ive gotta ring back at half eleven this morning to speak to the nurse about them!!!!

my mind is going into overdrive and my friend didnt help matters by saying 'oohhh so there is something wrong with you then!!!'

:(

That'd be normal procedure I think for the receptionist not to give them out over the phone - receptionists are not medically trained. Take it as a positive sign - if it were something bad I think your GP would call himself! Hope it all comes back ok.

hello, me again lol

it was a positive sign ckirby, all my results came back fine!! i couldnt believe it when the nurse told me, i felt for sure she was reading someone elses results out [:O]

i burst into tears when she told me and i confessed to her how ive been all week, she suggested i make another appt with the doc and tell her how im feeling so once the kids go back to school i'll make another appt as i'll have to take them with me otherwise [Sigh...]

thanks for your support you two

Rachel xxx

Glad it is all ok. See - nothing to worry about after all that worry. Phew!

Hopefully going back to see the doctor will help.

Nicola

I'm really pleased for you! What a huge weight off your mind. Have fun with your kids in the holidays.

Caroline
    xx

Thread Information