Thread: Grainy Vision anyone?

Grainy Vision anyone?

I was just sort of wondering if anyone else experiences grainy/snowy vision. I can't really describe it. It's like the static you see on an old TV when it's all fuzzy, but over my vision. Not on such a dramatic scale, but it's there. And it's much worse in twilight.

I know it's worse when I'm focusing on it though, and I've had all eye checks recently and all is OK.

I'm short sited and wear contact lenses.

Does anyone else experience this with their anxiety?

Re: Grainy Vision anyone?

Hi,
    Ive had similar, described it the same -like the old tv!! except i seen it on surfaces ie walls, units etc. I got it if i woke in the middle of the night and first thing in the morning. Was gone in a minute of waking up.
    Dont know what it was, scared me a lot!! I did google (me bad) and all i could find was some ppl saying that looking at lcd screens in a dimly lit room may cause it.
    I had a eye test a few months ago and all was ok, so i dont know if it was anxiety that caused it or not. Has gradually fazed out over the last few weeks for me.

Yeah it's very odd. Like it doesn't obstruct my vision or anything. And yeah, it's worse when looking at blank walls that are smooth.

I'm pretty sure it's anxiety or just nothing to worry about.

Just curious if anyone else gets it

You're in good company! Have you searched for "visual snow" on this site? I just replied to another user who has it.

Lindajane, it's great that yours went away. I've had it for 20+ years. Normally I can ignore it but I've been very stressed and this makes it much worse.

Seems like "visual snow" - if your eye doctor says it's ok, then it's ok. And yeah, it is related to anxiety pretty much.

hiya, yea experienced this all the time with occasional floaters (like black dots folating past) past 15 years i describe it like an electrical thunderstorm in my eyes. normally manage to ignore it but when im tried or trying to concentrate at work it gets on my nerves which of course makes it worse and so the happy cycle begins all over again.

Hello Olivia, i spoke too soon, ive had it every night this week!!! Im sorry that you have been experiencing it for so many years, stress i do believe does very weird things to us.

Mine seems worse if im woken up suddenly, its milder if i wake naturally after a whole nights sleep.
    Also i feel that sometimes my eyes "flicker" especially when looking at bright surfaces. Bugs me a lot

hi linda I got woken up by my dog at 2am and had this really bad panicked me , then I rewoke at 7.3o and had it againwas really bad grrr it dosent last tht bad for long .but im so freaked by it im focusing on it all the time x

I get this too, I think it's fairly common especially when looking at certain objects/surfaces/etc.

It's hard to compare because it's not like you can see through someone else's eyes to determine what "normal" is.

I still notice it sometimes, but it's intermittent and it doesn't take over my vision. I choose to ignore it because when I stressed about it and focused in on it, it gave me terrible eye strain which compounded my anxiety and frankly just hurt If your doc gave you a clean bill of health you're likely golden.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Thread Information