Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone else have a fear of going dizzy or passing out?

Does anyone else have a fear of going dizzy or passing out?

Because lately I have and I don't know if anyone else feels like this...I don't know why I started thinking things like that...just the thought really worries me so do other fellow anxiety sufferers fear this?
    Last edited by little.miss.worry; 11-09-12 at 17:41. Reason: Spelling Mistake

Re: Does anyone else have a fear of going dizzy or passing out?

Yes I do. When I get a bad panic attack I go dizzy then think I'm going to faint although I never have but it still worries me.

I have fainted with a panic attack so do worry about it a bit but I know that I am not going to come to any harm from it so try not to let it concern me too much.

Ohhh I thought it was just me! haha it's sooo scary :( it's nice to know it's not just me..

I have posted about this previously. I havent fainted since I was 21 so that was a good 5 years ago but the rush I get during a panic attack feels identical to before I used to faint. If I ever feel like I am going to faint during an attack I always concentrate on breathing and lie down. Fainting is my biggest fear! I always think and worry about it. It is literally a relief for me to know that I am not the only one. I have fainted 4 times in my entire life. One was due to heat exhaustion on holiday. Three were when I was teenager and used to smoke weed. I haven't touched that stuff for 9 years. Even the smell of it makes me feel anxious.

The time that I fainted during a panic attack was when I was in hospital after I fractured my foot and I think it was more the pain from my foot than the actual panic attack that made me faint. I have never fainted with a panic attack before that but because of my experience in the hospital I do worry that it will happen again even though I know a panic attack can't make you faint.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie0904 View Post
    The time that I fainted during a panic attack was when I was in hospital after I fractured my foot and I think it was more the pain from my foot than the actual panic attack that made me faint. I have never fainted with a panic attack before that but because of my experience in the hospital I do worry that it will happen again even though I know a panic attack can't make you faint.
    The feeling of feeling faint during panic is exactly the same
    though isn't it?
    I remember waking up when I was 17 at 1am. I felt odd (like I do with anxiety) I remember being SO thirsty it was ridiculous. I went downstairs and remember wanting something as cold as possible so poured a glass of milk. I stood b the fridge and downed it..I then craved something sweet so reached for a kitkat. I took one bite and then this huge wave came over me and all I remember thinking is "I need to get to my bed" I made it about three steps and then next thing I know..I was coming around with my mum screaming and crying hysterically I could see her but hearing was the last thing to come back. I could see but not move to tell her "I'm ok" I then sort of snapped back into the room. My sister was on the phone to an ambulance (which we cancelled) and half my neigbours who has heard the screams were at the door. I had urinated during the attack. But it was not a fit or seizure. My mum said I was out for what seemed like 10 minutes and she was giving me mouth to mouth. I still dont know what happened and 9 years later it still makes me anxious just remembering how it felt.

Yes it is and when I was feeling faint in the hospital I just thought it was my anxiety. I was sitting in a wheelchair and asked for some water, the next thing I was in another room on a bed with about 6 doctors and nurses staring at me, I didn't know where I was. 2 of the nurses said they had never seen anyone faint the way I had (apparently my body went stiff and my eyes rolled back) They then sent me to A&E to have my heart monitored and other tests (which were all fine). I think it was just a combination of the pain and me getting so anxious and panicking but it was really scary and now I panic every time I go in the hospital. At least they don't have me wait in the waiting room anymore...it is one way to get seen quicker!!!

Very strange yu should mention that becausae my mum aid the exact same thing about how I fainted! Stiff and rolling eyes!! Maybe it is conncted to anxiety. It does say it is very rare to faint during panic attacks but if you over-hyperventilate then you can. Scary and not what we want to be hearing but I do tend to take slow and deep breaths during and elivate my legs and I haven't actually fainted during an attack before luckily. It's all abit confusing. Do you have any idea why that one time I would of urinated during? I remember passing out 2 times since and those times I was fine on the pee front. Maybe I should start wearing adult pampers just in case lol

The only thing I can think of is that you probably lose muscle control when you faint so that could have caused you to urinate especially if your bladder was quite full on that occasion. We will all be constantly going to the loo now for a wee just in case we faint! I didn't urinate but I vomited when I came round. I often faint when I feel a lot off pain though usually without being anxious but not like the time in hospital (I was anxious on that occasion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information