Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: fear of death and illness

fear of death and illness

hi all
    does anyone have a morbid fear of death or illness? im 50 and i have had panic and anxiety since i was 21 year old....i just want to be normal again..i suffer from agoraphobia and i cant see any way out...everyday im full of fear ,,,,my body is always revving ..zinging..or vibrating ..and i always have scared negative thoughts ...i think...my god im 50 there is not much time left,,,,and the chances of getting some major health problem..(that i always think im getting )..is so much higher...im really scared of living incase i die...anyone relate?
    star:(

hh

Star,

I can relate BIG time. Have a look in the welcome bit of the forum and read Megs (Radar) First Steps to Overcoming Panic and Anxiety. Are you taking any steps to try and help with the panic? (ie medication, counselling, change of diet etc?)

Lucky

Hi Starlight

'and i always have scared negative thoughts' ..at least you know you're doing it.

What have you done thus far to help yourself, how agoraphobic are you ?

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

hi star, i have same phobias but i can almost say its nearly gone, i took anti deppressants and its helped with that side of illness. I dont worry about every symptom, dont think about dying at all, only once other day, thought im 23, nearl half way to 5o, then,60,70 etc. Ihave horrible fear of knowing you dont come back to your life again and loved ones who are here. I do believe in life after death though as ive seen proof of it but it still dont stop you worrying! take care, your not alone, love april x

apriltones

DEarApril tones
    you say you have seen proof of lifeafter life or coming back again...could you pleose share that with me
    as i feel thats half my problem is fear of the unknown......im also phobic of meds and doctorsdentistsand losing control....gosh i think i fear life...i have agoraphobia and im always anxiousand charged like something bad is going to happen...i hate this feeling and yet i feelpowerless to overcome it
    star:(

hh

Agoraphobia hmm maybe you should talk to a psych about that. You know its good with overcoming phobias as to take baby steps. Like walk a step out of your front door then return walk to the mailbox come home cross your street come home and evetually small shops and so on and so forth i believe this method does work. Also i was wondering have you ever heard the term Hypochondria?? I think you should look it up. Its like you always fear the worst even if its a simple headache and you always think there is something wrong. Look it up having information might help!

yep starlight, I can relate to that.

When I was in my panic monster days I was always worried about having something life threatening, or that my family and friends were suddenly going to leave me or die.

I think it is all part of the condition, work on the agrophobia and the rest will take care of itself.
    Start small, very small. leave the room, get comfortable with that. Then try the door, don't open it just get comfortable with it. Then open the door and get comfortable with that. Nice slow easy steps. and before too long you will be able step outside with no problems.

Good luck!

Love, light and Best wishes
    Liz xxx
    With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
    The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

HI STAR LIGHT, I HOPE I DONT OFFEND ANY ONE TELLING THIS.I used to go to a spiritual church and had a few messages off mediums about people i knew who had dyed, relatives, friends. They were things said that they would not no about so i know its true. I started doing it myself and gave few messages to people, only little words that entered my head. I have also seen spirit. I feel it helped me with fear of death but not completely. I went at wrong time though, when i first got ill few years ago, i would love to go again. I developed fear of meds last few years but cracked it by taking meds, you can do it too, if you want to chat email me or post on here too, love april x x

apriltones

Hi April and starlight

We had a discussion about this before cos I used to go to the church all the time.

Take a look at

http://nomorepanic.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=475

We are not offended April cos we all have our opinions.

Nicola

ah thanks nicola, wasnt sure if we could talk about things like that, il have a look at that link, thanks alot x

apriltones

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information