Thread: Ahoy!

Smile Ahoy!

Hey everyone!

Not so great at these things and pretty rubbish at knowing what to write.

I previously signed up to NMP a few years back but lost my way and abandoned the internet! Back here because to be honest, I am lonely and sick of pretending I am okay to those around me and just need the reassurance that I am not the only one in the world that sometimes struggles!

I have suffered from depression from a young age, I think I was about 11 when I became aware that I didn't feel completely normal. About 18 when I got "professional help" and about 21 when anxiety started to take over my life. I am 25 now and still struggling and want to find a way to cope better than I sometimes do.

On a lighter note, I do enjoy the odd things, mainly anything from the 1920s-early 50s, photography, painting, sewing and knitting and WWII related subjects. A massive geek basically!

So yeah, hello!!!

Hi Elsa_Van_Alden

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Ahoy!

Hi Good to hear that you have hobbies to help distract you from your anxiety. I hope you find lots of help and support on the site

to the forums! I'm sure you'll find it helpful here.

Hi and welcome My story is similar to yours: I was pre-teen when I became to be frightened of random things, 15 when things got really hard and I was diagnosed with anxiety/panic and 25 when I had a counselling referral come through. I'm 30 now and in a dark patch again, but hoping to come through the other side.

I also enjoy being geeky over past cultures - my particular passions are 18th century fashion, medieval England, and the 19-teens to the 50s, and I'm especially addicted to period dramas

Welcome to NMP

Thread Information