Thread: propranolol and mirtrazapine

propranolol and mirtrazapine

hi,i take 45mg of mirtazapine on a night for depression and the doctor has perscribed me 40mg of propranolol 3 times a day for anxiety,does anybody else take this combination? im worried of feeling too out of it or sedated

Re: propranolol and mirtrazapine

I take both the medications but Im currently on 40mg per day of proponol. The only time I have felt drowsy is when I took one 10mg proponol, and 1 45mg mirtazapine at bedtime (only noticed cos I had to go to the toilet before I fell asleep) so have been taking my last proponol at teatime now, but I am feeling shaky before bed so Im going to ask for the slow release form of proponol when I next see my doctor I think.

I do feel tired mid afternoon, but not drowsy, and it doesnt cause me to fall asleep.

Hope that helps

Dawn

i take mirtazapine and are prescribed propranlol 40mg 3 times day aswell but i usualy only take 2- 40mg propranlol,s a day one in morning and one later in afternoon ....i think a lot of people are taking beta blockers for anxiety these days ..as they help by blocking the adrenline ...that causes panic attacks palps all the flight or freight mode ...

ive taken the perscribed dosage and they are defo helping with the anxiety but i now have shocking headaches most days do you think this could be the propranolol ? i feel really out of sorts with myself with these bad heads and generally unwell and is is affecting my every day life

rkI have just posted about propranolol, I have not got head aches but feel agitated to the extreme and unwell, I just want to feel normal

been bk to the docs and i have been taken off propranolol,they were causing my headaches

I get a lot of bad heads too but have always put them down to the Mirtazapine as I had them long before I went on Prop. Hope your head feels better now you are Prop free (:

Just about to start taking propranolol,80mg, been on Mirtazapine for a good couple of months, 45mg at bedtime, so any advice on when I should take the propranolol?
    I hate taking tablets , always have, so I get really anxious when Iam start somthing new, after being on Busperoine, stopped that yesterday, and after I spoke to my doc, I forgot to ask when I should take my propranolol. any advice would be greatly appriciated

I know this is an old thread, but I am going to start 80mg of propranolol for bad anxiety and have been taking 45mg of mirtazapine for several years, I was wondering how common the side effects were when people first started taking both drugs together and did anything help to prevent this?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Laura22 View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but I am going to start 80mg of propranolol for bad anxiety and have been taking 45mg of mirtazapine for several years, I was wondering how common the side effects were when people first started taking both drugs together and did anything help to prevent this?
    to NMP, Laura,

Sedation is likely to be the main side-effect, plus you may become fatigued sooner when physically active. Unfortunately, there really isn't any way to ease either, though both may diminish over time.

Has your GP suggested switching to a different antidepressant (AD) given the mirtazapine appears to have stopped working, Laura?

Ian

Thread Information