Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 weeks in Cit.

2 weeks in Cit.

So I have been on Cit 10mg for 2 weeks now and my anxiety has improved hugely! I am very yawnsome today but for the first time yesterday evening I had no strange or disturbing feelings of dread. I usually tend to get them around 5 to 8pm. I really feel alot more positive. I did get a good nights sleep but woke upto today as if I had flu. Lots of aches and clamminess. I really feel quite tired today but not in an anxiou kind of way. Think I might have a bit of a bug. Very woozy when up and about but I honestly am not feeling worried by this sensation...It's how I normal feel when I am fluey. I know the cit is supposed to take longer to kick in but I really am feeling do much better. Appetite is back in full force! Sleep is better and anxiety lowered. Just wanted to pass this on!!

Re: 2 weeks in Cit.

Hi LoopyLu,

It's great to hear you're doing so well! Let's hope it continues.

Great news, long may it continue for you.

I am sure you will go from strength to strength.

Best wishes.

Wonderful to hear loopylu I've just had my dose raised from 10 to 20mgs so hoping to see an improvement soon, I was on 10mgs for two weeks which the doc who I saw said was low really so bumped me up to try and see some improvement I think the anxiety is getting better slightly, I'm beginning to eat a little more now I think
    Last edited by little scientist; 16-09-12 at 11:01. Reason: Typos

Really glad to hear you're feeling good loopylu! Lets hope its catching

Good evening all! My day has continued in a positive way! As you all know..I was feeling fluey. That seems to of lifted now. Although I have been VERY dehydrated today..despite drinking constantly. Also a little breathless this eveing. For the first time in weeks I have been able to relax and watch a few dvds and it keep my full attention (well 90%) without me off worrying about various sensations and questioning whether I "feel funny" I think this time off has done me good. I really hope this is the beginning of recovery. I was this way for 9 months before getting help when I was 22. Ecitalopram did the trick. I'm now on Cit and although I was prescribed 20mg I have been biting them in half and taking 10mg. I don't see the use in taking 20mg if this dose is working. What do you guys think? x

Good to hear! I too am seeing little improvements all the time

It's good to hear you are doing well but I don't think its possible that its the Citalopram, It takes about a month or two to start having any affect.

Quote Originally Posted by theharvestmouse View Post
    It's good to hear you are doing well but I don't think its possible that its the Citalopram, It takes about a month or two to start having any affect.
    It's different for everyone - I started to feel better after a couple of weeks too. For some people it can take 6-8 weeks though.

That's brill!!! I found starting up on Citalopram horrific though I have been prescribed it 3 times in the past and it has always got me 100% better but I had to go through alot of panic attacks and anxiety first ): So glad it's not made you like that. I've been ill again since March and got put on Mirtazapine but I'm more ill than ever on it as it's just not worked at all, so really wish I'd gone back on faithful old Cit now and endured the start up.
    I'd def stick with 10mg if that's helping you darl and you can always up it if you need to hey any time (:

---------- Post added at 14:58 ---------- Previous post was at 14:56 ----------

What is the difference between Ecitalopram by the way and normal? I asked my doctor the other day as I heard it has less side effects but she just said All AD's have SE's and disregarded it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information