Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uncontrollable Crying?

Uncontrollable Crying?

Does anyone else suffer with this? :(

I was diagnosed with severe depression and anxiety after having a breakdown in May and this is just terrible. I just seem to cry all the time. I can't seem to stop for hours once I start and end up giving myself a headache.. This is just a nightmare. Every waking minute is just so difficult and I feel suicidal. I don't know where to begin with it all.
    I'm taking 20 mg Prozac a day and have been for about five or six weeks now, so why do I still feel so hopeless? I also seem to be in a permenant state of derealisation - nothing looks right anymore; just a feeling of complete disbelief. It's never-ending :(

Re: Uncontrollable Crying?

I have had times like that when I just cry all the time, it really is a most awful feeling. I don't take prozac so don't really know how long it takes to take effect. Maybe if you are still feeling really low you should go back to see your GP? I hope you start to feel better soon

Thank you for your reply Annie Yes, it's terrible - I tend to just feel utter despair. I will ask my GP about perhaps increasing my dose. I just worry about the side effects of doing so, as my panic attacks got worse when I started on the Prozac. Wish there was a simple answer for all of this!

hi cherrycola i have this everyday try and keep strong

somtimes i cry but then i force myself to stop in case somone can see i have red eyes or asks me why have u been crying. hope u feeling better soon

It's horrible isn't it? :( Trouble is once I start I can't seem to stop and it can go on for hours :( And then anything and everything seems to set me off again. Even had to run back to the car a few times when I've been out cause I just couldn't hold it in any longer

I think prozac takes about 6 to 8 weeks to kick in so you should start to feel abit better soon. I would advice going back to your gp if your feeling so down. Hope you feel better soon

Thank you kt79 I'd really hoped it would have by now. I have been on Prozac before though and 20 mg, was not enough; I was put on 60.. So perhaps it's time to think about increasing the dose. Really not coping very well

Hi CherryCola,

I was put on 20mg of Prozac as well when my panic disorder started. It took a few weeks to kick in and make me feel alot better, so if you still don't feel any change soon it might be a good idea to see if you can get the dose increased or possibly try a different medication. It helps with my anxiety, but it's only now that i'm up to 80mg a day that's it's had an effect on my depression, so like I said a slow increase in dosage or a change in medication will hopefully make you feel better. Wishing you all the best.

Hi Cherry,
    I remember those feelings. Sobbing so hard until it actually hurts. My A/D took about 6 weeks to start any improvement, but you should maybe discuss increase to 40mg with doc?

Sending you hugs. Keep posting! So many people here for you x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information