Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Uncontrollable Crying?

Re: Uncontrollable Crying?

Big hugs.. I get this when im feeling really depressed and its completely normal given your circumstances. Try to keep yourself busy so you have little chance to dwell on things. Easier said than done i know xx

Thumbs up Re: Uncontrollable Crying?

Hey cherry,so sorry to hear of your situation. im in the same boat and its hard i know...my thoughts are with you tonight...ive taken prozac before 60mg and it didnt do a thing for me except (sorry) sexual dysfunction!...but now i take mirtazapine 15mg...and they seem to be working to an extent..but its early days...keep your chin up and give them a little while longer to have an effect... take care Damon...

Chrissy88 - Thank you Did you find you suffered with side effects as you increased the dose? It's just about two weeks into taking the Prozac I suffered some really horrible panic attacks. I feel like I do need to increase the dose, I'm just really scared to do so because I can't cope with feeling worse right now.

starlight78 - Yes, I think I'll have to go back to my GP - pretty sure 20mg is not doing a whole lot.. :( Thank you for your lovely reply x

saro - Thank you! *Hugs* You've helped me a great deal I'm wondering if perhaps my OCD isn't helping as I seem to have trouble with unwanted thoughts a lot at the moment. The more I don't want to think about it, the worse it gets and it ends up being all I can think about! But you're very right, when I'm busy I do feel a lot better!

limelad - Thank you for your reply Yes, I'm not sure Prozac is doing a whole lot (I think sexual dysfunction is one of the most common side effects - I also feel a bit of a loss in libido to be honest) but I think I'll try sticking with it for now.. If not, I will have a look into Mirtazapine and see if there's something better suited. Wish there was a quick fix for it all! x

Hey CherryCola,

The one main side effect of my increased dosage was almost the total loss of libido, which like someone said earlier is a really common side effect of the drug. The increased dosage has never caused my anxiety to flare up at all. The only other side effect I get sometimes is bad heartburn shortly after I take my dose in the morning. The increase of your dosage shouldn't cause you to get more panic attacks.

Thanks Chrissy

I will discuss with my GP.. And yes, I do get a bit of heartburn with it - I have acid reflux and it seems to cause it to flare up a little bit! x

I know just how you feel. I'm surprised my tear ducts haven't dried up already from all the crying I've done! I'm also the same as you in that I've been on some new medication for almost a month now and wish it would start kicking in and lift my mood. Even today I spent about two hours crying before thinking, sod it and then went out for a walk in the park, which made me feel a bit better. I'm afraid I can't really help or offer any good advice, but just know that I understand what you're going through and that I'm as fed up of it as you are. I just hope things get better for you soon.

miraiiro - It is horrible isn't it? I seem to cry so much that I wake up the next day with sore chest and back muscles It's like being in a nightmare all the time.. I hope your medication starts to do something for you soon and that we'll both soon be on the road to recovery and beating this!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information