Thread: Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life?

Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life?

So today my Dad was discharged from hospital, my husband started his new job (so we have a proper income for the first time since June), and I managed to eat most of a proper meal (since Dad was admitted I've pretty much survived on a cereal bar mid-morning, Lucozade, with a half dozen bites or so of dinner). For the first time since the morning when Dad was admitted (when I woke up feeling great, and soon had the wind knocked out of my sails) I feel cautiously optimistic.

This has made me think: is tomorrow the day to knuckle down and sort out this anxiety, properly?

I have to go out to the Dr tomorrow to pick up a prescription and ask a few questions about my dad's discharge follow-up, so I'm going to try to do it without getting anxious about crossing the main road (in case I get delayed crossing back and panic before I can get back to "my" side), or about having to wait for my prescription to be filled. I'm also going to try to have either breakfast, or lunch (or both) as well as dinner.

These are my aims, and I'm going to try to achieve them using what I've read so far in CBT4Panic (which I'll try to read more of over the coming days while my husband is at work).

If it doesn't work I will try not to beat myself up, and the next day I'll try smaller steps.

Wish me luck?

Re: Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life?

I am really pleased that things are looking brighter for you and hope all goes well tomorrow...I am sure it will so long as you keep that positive attitude I have also just started reading the CBT4Panic and have had a brighter day today.

Good luck! I'm really happy things are starting to come together for you

Let us know how you get on.

Well done elle!!!. Its great to hear you are feeling more positive. I think you will continue to feel better now that your dads on the mend and your hubbys back at work. Hope your good luck continues x

Thanks all 'Operation Brekkie' has been completed, and although I got turned down for an interview for the job I applied for this morning, I have found another to apply for which is more 'up my alley', so I think I'll add applying for that to my list of targets for this week!

Oh, and I've also found out that the local book festival at the beginning of October will feature one of my favourite authors as a speaker, so I'm hoping to have made enough progress to go along and hear her speak

Well done for eating breakfast!

Good luck with the next job, i always tried to tell myself that everything happens for a reason so being turned down for one job just meant it wasn't right but the next one could be.

And the book festival is such a great goal to work towards

Well done Elle-Kay sounds like you're doing really well

There was quite a bad accident near my house last night which brought home how precious life is and made me even more determined to take control of my anxiety and start enjoying myself again. x

Operation lunch has also been completed successfully, as has the trip out to run errands (with only a couple of wobbles along the way). This afternoon is relaxation time, to recharge for tomorrow's tasks: more eating practice, and a trip to the butcher.

Thanks for your support folks! I've decided to post daily in my blog (link below) this week, so I can start to be able to look back and see that I am making some progress (hopefully).

Electrical storm girl - I hope no-one was too badly hurt in the accident!

Hi, I'm glad things are on the up.

It seems that you didn't end up waiting for tomorrow - it sounds like you've already been taking those first few steps. Congratulations!

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Thread Information