Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Been on prozac for nearly four weeks, thinking of giving up

Been on prozac for nearly four weeks, thinking of giving up

I have been on prozac, at 10mg, for four weeks this thursday. The side effects have gone, apart from a bit of broken sleep. But I just feel so miserable, as if I am pulling myself through the day and it is as if I no longer enjoy anything!I felt a bit depressed before I went on prozac, but I feel worse now. Just wondering if there is any point carrying on with it.

Any comments are welcome!

Re: Been on prozac for nearly four weeks, thinking of giving up

If you can hang in there for another 2 weeks. I struggled with it this time around (my second time) but by week 6 I felt loads better, 3-5 weeks was worst and I wouldn't say I was that depressed before but was with this med at that point.I feel good now - 4 months in.

reading other comments on other posts I think a lot of other people would agree. Other people who know more about meds than me would say that it takes longer than some other ssris to settle down. Check Piano's thread about fluox.
    PM me if you want.x

I'd give it a bit longer - possibly as much as 10 weeks, before you think about changing. The first 6 weeks are the worst - then it should settle down after that.

Keep going! I promise you'll make it through. It will get better I swear! I lost track of how many days I'm on, because I don't even think about it anymore.

Honestly, my anxiety/depression is starting to feel so behind me to the point where taking my pill is an afterthought. If it wasn't next to my toothbrush every morning I'd forget to take it!!

I was in the same place as you. I felt bonkers! I still do from time to time *knock on wood*, have anxiety/depression, but I feel calm now.

Keep going!!

Thank you so much everyone! It is so tough! I cannot believe we feel awful, so we go on the tablets and they make us feel better and they make us feel worse. Did any of you feel depressed constantly at this point?

I will hang on though! I had some good days last week, so it just takes time to balance out! Thank you again for your encouragement!!And I am glad you all made it to the otherside!! X
    Last edited by Supersal1984; 19-09-12 at 09:30.

I'm on week 5 and just starting to feel brighter and a bit more optimistic. Definately hang in there as it seems a lot of people don't see any improvement until 6 - 10 weeks

I will, thank you for your encouragement. I don't know what I would do without it. The fog seems to have risen today, hoping it stays away xxxx

It took me until week 6 to start really noticing the difference. At week 4 I felt like giving up as well. Delighted I didn't now. Prozac has helped me enormously. Would definitely advise that you stick with it.

Thank you for your comments. I am feeling rubbish again today. I cannot seem to stop focussing on my body symptoms and just get on with things like I used to!!

will be on week 5 by the end of the week, so only 4.5 weeks so far

xxxx

Hi im on week 6 now and have started to feel such a difference, i reckon they kicked in properly last week for me, i started to think they would never work either! i used to struggle to do anything, my mind felt blank! keep hanging in there
    if you need to chat feel free to pm me
    vicky x

Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread Information