Page 13 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Been on prozac for nearly four weeks, thinking of giving up

Re: Been on prozac for nearly four weeks, thinking of giving up

Hiya Dee
    no youre not being a pain......
    yes,the up and down feelings are all normal,everything you say sounds like me 12 months ago...
    its gunna be ok, so enjoy feeling 'normal' again,even if its short lived.....try not to worry about your off days too much......theyre usually followed by a good day....and remember the bad days will soon be a distant memory and most days will be good.....youre slowly getting through this....it will happen!!!
    sorry i didnt get back online last night,I just started a new job recently..... went for a lie down....and fell asleep! definitely good...as sleep was impossible for me 6 months ago...day or night.Im loving my new job,i feel part of society again and feel very proud to have come through it all....its so good to be happy again.it will happen for you too,just believe in yourself

Thankyou for your lovely kind message, so glad you are enjoying your new job, I'm hoping to go back to work soon as I think it can help to a certain exstent. Defo had the best day so far today , although still not ready for shopping or leaving the house alone or for too long. But after your kind words of encouragement and the way things have happened to me in the past I know there is recovery. Thankyou so much again. Xxxx

Hi Dee, my doctor said that work was a good thereapy if you are up to going as it helps take your mind off things, I was ok going to work although it was very hard to concentrate the first couple of weeks but it was everywhere else I did not want to go even to the Supermarket and have only started going out a few places since the medication kicked in at just over the 5 weeks. I have got to go to a meeting in London on Thursday which two weeks ago I would not even have contemplated but although it is going to be hard I know I can do it now.

Glad you are feeling brighter today

Scoobydoo1

Thanks so much, listening to all your comments,i know i'm not on my own, but whilst these things are happening to you, you feel on your own. As I have said before I dont have a partner thats sympathetic he's a "just get on with it" so I do tend to not say how I feel... when to me its hell.......

I have an appt at Docs next week, so see what she says. And yes I would love a chat sometime. x

Sickandtired
    I really wish I was you, cant wait to come out of the other side. So pleased you are well and happy...x

How many weeks are you at katie22? xx

---------- Post added at 21:39 ---------- Previous post was at 21:32 ----------

Just read back, see you are on week 3, so a little way to go yet, I had my hopes pinned on 4 weeks and when it came and passed and I felt the same I was gutted. But not wanting to tempt fate I have had a better last couple of days, I have also been sucking the non alcohol rescue remedy gums, maybe in my mind but I feel calmer on them, they are herbal and were recommended to me, maybe worth a try? We will come through this...I know xxxx

Scoobydoo1

I'm on week 4, back to doc's next week to see how I'm going on..

---------- Post added at 08:20 ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 ----------

Scoobydoo1,

Thanks

Woke up anxious today, really disappointed as I thought I was on the up, nearly week 5 , got doctors today , hope she can't suggest something that will help, really scared to up my meds as don't want anymore side effects. Xx

Still feeling crap one week on 10mg and nearly 2 weeks on 20mg. The only thing thats happened is I#ve got a slight appetite which I havent had for months which maybe is a good sign.

Otherwise everything horrible

Some positive vibes please folks

Love Joy

Still early days for you yet Hun, I'm sure you will get better, read the other posts on here, they recon it can take up to 8 weeks to feel the real benefit, just have to hold on, appetite is a good sign, do u sleep ok? Xxxx

No sleep very badly even with sleeping tabs scooby, how are you feeling now and how many weeks in

Joy

Page 13 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread Information