Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Been on prozac for nearly four weeks, thinking of giving up

Re: Been on prozac for nearly four weeks, thinking of giving up

Thank you. I hope I feel better at week 6, seems so far away! Good to hear there is light at the end of the tunnel though xxxxx

---------- Post added at 12:36 ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 ----------

Thing is when I took prozac the first time, two years ago for year, it worked straight away, I wondered if anyone else had no problem the first time around and then problems the second time xxxxx

i hope you do too i remember thinking will they ever work! its nice to feel like me again! xx

Yes that is exactly how I feel. Thing is I could have a good day or a few good days and then fall back down again.

I am glad you feel much better. What made you start taking the meds?

xxxx

yeah thats what happened to me, it was very up and down to start with, i still have occasional blips but they seem so small compared to before that i can cope!

I was put on them for anxiety and depression, i didnt actually realise i had depression until i went to the doctors about my anxiety and it was like ahhh that makes sense now, thats why im feeling like this! what are you on them for?

xx

Yes the same, anxiety which caused depression and OCD! Horrible place. Went on Prozac for this two years ago and worked a treat. Then I felt better and came off after a year, as was told if you take it for a year it can eliminate depression!

It came back a few months ago! After I got married, with a vengeance! But wondering why the Prozac is taking forever to kick in this time and thinking I took it for too long or something x

what dosage are most of you on. the theraputic dose is 20mg but to ease in I've been started on 10mg.

Joy

I think we are all on 10 mg. I am and I know some others who have seen good results are on 10mg. I used to worry that 10mg would do nothing, but I have had some good days.

I hope that helps. xxxx

I'm on prozac for the third time (it worked well on 2 previous occasions - between 2003 and 2008 and late 2008-2011). The previous times I took it I had minimal side effects - this time, however, the side effects were horrendous. I'm now taking 20mg in juice over 3 days, which I seem to handle better than 20mg every day. I read somewhere that many people respond well to 5 to 10mg of prozac a day so I'm going to see whether it helps with my intrusive 'pure ocd' thoughts in the longer term.

I'm on week 6 (I think?) and I think I'm feeling better. The side effects have virtually disappeared although the nightmares have suddenly returned this week which isn't great. Still I'll settle for that if I can get my normal life back during the day

Hi,ist time for me.Im 48,and everyone says how bubbily Iam,and chatty,but inside Im a mess!I haven't had an alcoholic drink for 11 years,but now I have to handle my stress,anxiety and depression soberly,which is hard when you just want to run away and escape from my moods and thoughts.Realised that after freaking out down the canal walking my new dog,with my husband ,that something needed to be done.I have been seen this year by nhs councellor,but now been waiting for 5 months to be referred to a different one,who has a massive waiting list!so hence Doc now put me on Fluox,on 3 weeks now,and felt better for first week,but now feel terrible.cant read a book,which I used to love,had to stop going to my book group,cant concentrate or converse with people,when usually I have to be told to shut up,as I usually go on(nervous prattle!?)please tell me this will get better,as like a previous post,my tabs didn't come with a leaflet!

Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread Information