Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Been on prozac for nearly four weeks, thinking of giving up

Re: Been on prozac for nearly four weeks, thinking of giving up

SuperSal, I am feeling the same and see you replied on the other thread, I am 4 weeks plus 2 days and am feeling just like you, maybe we could help each other.

I am encouraged by what everyone else is saying and that we have to hang in there and things will get better,

It would be good to know some of your symptons, I was not expecting to feel depressed when the reason I went on them was for anxety.

I had nearly a week of fairly good days last week and then started to feel bad again last Saturday.

Today I am tired, jellyish legs and just feel like i have no energy.

Hi Janine.

I went on Prozac or anxiety too, a bit of depression and OCD. But as soon as I went on the Prozac the depression got worse! I have had a few good days and like you after Saturday it has been hell. Dry mouth, fog, cannot concentrate at work, tearful, hopeless, like I am dragging myself through the day. I did feel better than this before I was on the them! Feeling a bit suicidal too, which I am ashamed to admit! Feeling as if I will never get better! Thing is I was on these tablets two years ago and they worked from day one, so shocked to see this happening this time around. I am only on 10mg as I had awful side effects with 20mg, but now it seems the side effects are back!!
    How are you? What symtoms are you getting! Keep me posted with how you get on! I want us both to get through this! Sending you hugs and wishing that you feel better soon xxxxx

just started on 10mg prozac. What does are you all on. Tried every other med for anxiety and nothng has worked yet

Could do with some good reports

Joy

I am on 20mg and have been from the start, I have had a migraine since Saturday (which I suffer with anyway and occasionally they last a week) so that is not helping, I am really struggling with food and knowing what I want to eat. my family have been great but I feel like I am letting them down not cooking meals properly, am managing to tidy up and have been to work who again have been very understanding.

fell asleep this afternoon for 30 minutes so now worrying I will not sleep tonight.

It would be nice to get to that point everyone is telling us where we feel better

Hi Joy,

It does get better, but I seems the first few weeks are a struggle for some. When I tried it before it was excellent. There are lots of good reviews on it on here.

Hi Janine, so sorry to hear you are having migraines. I get ocular migraines sometimes, but know they are no where near as bad as migraines. I feel for you! But if you can get through that you can get through this. We are in this together xxxxx

---------- Post added at 17:47 ---------- Previous post was at 17:46 ----------

I had a few naps this week, but have managed to sleep fine. Have you had a bit of insomnia too? X

Im on 20mg, it really does get better although had an off day today but thats coz someone upset me and anxiety shot up! But other than that it does help. Hope everyone is slowly feeling better. Xx

Thanks littlelu! We need positive comments and that helps! Thank you so much xxxxxxx

Its ok how have the last few days bern supersal? Any difference yet? Xxx

Thanks Littlelu for positive comments they help a lot.

Supersal not so much insomonia as waking early and then the days seems so long, did not matter when I had the good days but when I am feeling like I am today it is not good.

Had some good days last week and the week before, but now feeling rubbish. I am going to hold out until 6 weeks and see how I get on. I cannot tell you how much better I feel speaking to people like you who understand. I am glad you are doing good now Little lu did you feel it would never get better?

Hi Janine, I used to get up at 1pm, then 3pm, then 4pm!! But the sleep has got much better. What do you do when you cannot get back to sleep? Do you read or play games on your phone? I find that once you have a bad night, you are so tired the next, you sleep better!! Hope that is true for you too!

How were you on the first few weeks? Xxxx

Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread Information