Thread: heart missing beats here we go again

heart missing beats here we go again

have been doing quite well lately havent felt the need to post and have my appointment for my cbt in two weeks. Was really tired last night went to bed then noticed every few seconds my heart seemed to jump or miss a beat? This has sent me into another anxiety downward spiral worrying now i am going to start with heart issues or even have a heart attack my mum and he brother both died in middle age from heart problems i am very scared please help

Re: heart missing beats here we go again

Hey, you may want to check "health worries -> palpitations" on the left panel.
    Serious heart issues don't look like anything like that, don't worry.

thank you i have just read it but have focused on the see your doctor part which i don't want to do i will try and focus on the positive parts but am finding it hard i am so scared at the moment

If you are worried about your heart in any way then you should talk to your GP about it because of the family history.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Heart palpitations arent normally anything to worry about, from what ive read anyway. Anxiety about it makes it worse, but I know thats a cycle thats difficult to get out of. I had it happen fairly often a couple of years back, but found that it happened more if I was a bit de-hydrated. Have a word with your doctor anyway about your concerns.

just had two months of hell with this,,normally only have the odd spell every few months,,then its only one or two missbeats every couple of hours been like that for twenty years or more,,this was very different and was happening all the time,,mainly because i focussed on it so much,, its settled down again now as you say these things go round this weeks symptoms muzzy headedness,,lol,,who knows what next week will bring

since this bout of anxiety i am reluctant to visit my doctor about anything he knows my family history and has never been concerned had bloods and bp checked with no issues had an ecg a few years ago and all normal have had these episodes before but cant seem to handle it this time

Thread Information