Thread: Help needed with proponol doseage

Help needed with proponol doseage

I have been taking proponol just over 2 weeks, I have 10mg pills and can take 4 a day (doctors advice) I have tried taking 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening and 1 every 4 hours throughout the day, but with both its taking up to an hour to feel any effect and it wears off quite quickly, within about 2 hours. The label says to take between 1-4 pills twice a day, which is 8 altogether but the doctor definately said only 4 a day, I suppose to start me off gently. I am still feeling awful, Im due to see him again Friday but I feel so shaky, should I try the 8 pills a day tomorrow, or just wait till my appointment Friday, and which is the best way to take it so it doesnt wear off in your experience?

Thanks in advance

Dawn x

Re: Help needed with proponol doseage

I am taking 20mg three times a day, only upped to 3 times yesterday so not sure of the effect yet, but I did feel panicked last night, intake it at 8.30am then 3.30 then 10.30. I would phone your doc tomorrow and ask about the dosage just to be sure. But rest assured 10mg 4 times a day is a really low dose xx

Thanks

Today I took 2 this morning as I always wake up panicky, then took another about 12ish, and another at about 6ish but I can feel it wearing off and I am starting to feel trembly inside. I have reached the doseage the doctor said but I think Im going to have to take another or risk a panick attack, and the label does say I can take 8 a day. Grrr should of called the doctor today :(

Quote Originally Posted by akadawny View Post
    Thanks

Today I took 2 this morning as I always wake up panicky, then took another about 12ish, and another at about 6ish but I can feel it wearing off and I am starting to feel trembly inside. I have reached the doseage the doctor said but I think Im going to have to take another or risk a panick attack, and the label does say I can take 8 a day. Grrr should of called the doctor today :(
    I took my last at 10.30pm before bed last night, and this morning when i woke up i didnt feel panicy, thats th first in a long time, so perhaps the 3 times a day will work better for me and perhaps you too, phone the doc tomorrow and just ask what they think x

When my GP started me on Propanolol she gave me 80mg slow release right from the outset, it's great. Because it's a slow release there's no ups and downs of it kicking in, then wearing off, it's a steady even release over 24hrs. It's BRILLIANT!

I've have tried just 40mg of the normal/standard release once or twice a day and the ups and downs were just too horrendous for me in comparison so I have chosen to stay at 80mg slow release (the slow release doesn't come in a lesser dose).

It's possible to go over 100mg a day so takng more than 40mg isn't anything you need to worry too much about (but I'm no doctor, I've just had more experience with meds that I'd like to have had). If you've tolerate 40mg+ well, you probably won't notice a difference with 80mg, just a smoother ride.

Thread Information