Thread: Don't even know anymore.

Don't even know anymore.

Hi.

As the title suggests, I'm just a bit scunnered. Just had a rough couple of hours, so I'm kinda tired and don't want to go into it right now. I mostly poke about the forum anonymously.

But now I have a question and I'm hoping someone can answer it without telling me I'm an idiot (because I already know that part).

I was only on citalopram for two months and I stopped taking it (about two months ago). I've since spoken to a psychologist who thinks I should never have been on it in the first place. Anyhoo, the question. I've just banged 60mg down my neck, so can anyone tell me what to expect? Doing it calmed me right down, purely because I now have something else I can concentrate on.. But if sh*t starts to go down I can't call anyone for help because I didn't tell anyone about it in the first place.

Bit of an awful first post. Sorry

Hi FTM

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Don't even know anymore.

Welcome to NMP

Oh dear, that's a bit worrying...are you feeling ok at the moment? Could you call someone now and let them know what you have done before it gets too late timewise? I'm not sure how that dose would affect you, sorry....

Otherwise call NHS direct or the Samaratans if you are having problems. I hope you are ok. Kitti

Thanks guys. I'm feeling pretty okay physically. Knackered but I can't sleep, which is standard. Physical manifestation of heartbreak, also standard. But nothing noticeably different. I took them over an hour ago so I'm figuring in probably okay. Was hoping they'd at least knock me out for the night.

I'm sorry for bothering folk with my stupidity, but I noticed people on the forum and figured many have dealt with citalopram a lot more than myself so maybe someone could give me a heads up.

Yawns are about breaking my face now and I still won't switch off.

No worries, this is a friendly and helpful community maybe if you post in the medication section under Citalopram, someone on this drug can advise you further.

I hope you feel better soon x

The maximum dose for that drug is now 40mg so not sure why they have given you 60mg!!

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information