Thread: Mirtazapine - should I start taking it again?

Mirtazapine - should I start taking it again?

So here's how it goes, I started taking Mirtazapine 15mg back in February and stopped mid May, partly because I wasn't happy with the weight gaining aspect of the drug, yes I understand not everyone is affected by it, but I was, I was already self conscious and unhappy about my weight in the first place. The doctor mainly prescribed it for me due to depression, anxiety and Insomnia, suffering from Insomnia and taking this was probably the best thing I have taken. Downside: I did feel a lot hungrier and ate a lot more. As an AD it excellent, apart from I suffered with a lot of memory loss, not so much loss but I found the more I tried to remember something when the doctor asked me the harder it was to think about what I did. I did suffer withdrawal symptoms and found I quickly panicked if I was short of medication or had ran out, I can't really describe how it made me feel. I also found it brought a lot of obsessive compulsiveness out in me as well. Towards the end of my use of this med, I doubled a dose and took 60mg, because by this point my doctor had upped my dose to 30mg, 60mg I felt was much more sedating. I sort of wish I'd of stayed on the medication as I did a lot more things on them than I would now. I just wondered for people who have been on the medication a lot longer than I have if there was any long term outcome? Just looking for a bit of optimism and a reason to start taking them again I suppose.

Re: Mirtazapine - should I start taking it again?

I think you have to make a decision, which is worse the weight gain or the insomnia/depression/anxiety?

I take Mirtazapine 45mg the maximum dose.

I eat a lot more in the evening after taking my medication and have put weight on, but I have to live with that, the positives greatly outweigh the negatives in my case.

BobbyDog

Thread Information