Thread: Eptopics, heart flutters

Eptopics, heart flutters

Hi wondering if anyone has experienced what i am going thru, i keep getting what i can only describe as a flutter in my chest, been to gp & had ecg done & the lady doing it said she could see then on the ecg they were happening often, this has obviously made me even more anxious as don`t go back to docs till next wk, in mean time doctor rang me about some bloods so asked her she said they can`t see palpatations/flutters on the ecg only extra beats & these are nothing to worry about & she will look when report recd, i am now so anxious feel as if my heart will just stop at any minute getting very teary & fed up for last few days they have been happening all day but then may stop for a day or so has anyone been thru this i am the end of my teather, many thanks for taking time to read & hopefully reply, take care.

Re: Eptopics, heart flutters

If the doctor has told you there is nothing to worry about then there is nothing to worry about If they had thought it could be serious they would have done something about it by now. Lots of people get little palpitations and flutters and really it is not serious. My son has a hear murmur where his heart misses beats but has never had any problems from it. Please try not to worry. Sending you

thanks for your reply and the hugs i really need them at the moment, they just won`t stop all day, next Friday can`t come soon enough to find out what doc thinks i can`t carry on like this it`s taking over my life so i`m sure i`m making them worse but just can`t understand why they started so suddenly & now won`t stop,
    does anyone take beta blockers for them & does this help obviously i have been on mr Google, thanks

I get exactly the same. I went to doc about 7 years ago and she said she heard an extra heart beat, I was so worried I started having palpitations all the time, once you worry about it, they start happening more. Have a read at the symptoms of palpitations on here, they explain it really well, keep in mind, these are harmless and will not lead to anything sinister, hard I know, but true! I can usually put mine down to chest breathing, if I shallow breathe, it almost always happens. I take beta blockers now which do help a bit but they are still there, good luck xxx

As Laura123 says, they are nothing to worry about. I know its difficult to believe that (from experience), but thats the truth. Its likely the only reason they are worse at the minute is because of your anxiety about them...a bit of a Catch 22 situation unfortunately.

Thanks for your replies this site is a god send it really is, got up this morning & they don`t seem as bad but i`m just waiting for them to start, the sensible side of my head thinks they haven`t killed you yet & its been over a month so just get on with life but as you all know we aren`t always strong enough to fight the anxiety side & i just can`t get my head around why i would start having these eptopics all of a sudden when i`ve never had them before can anyone explain this.

Anxiety does some strange things but the more you are thinking about them happening the more you will notice them

Thread Information