Well, today's the day I'm going to make a conscious effort not to drink anymore. I mean, let's face it, alcohol makes you feel good in the beginning, but the aftermath, WOW, does that bring my anxiety all out of whack. Originally, I wouldn't get much anxiety after a night of drinking with my friends, but recently, it appears even if I just drink 5-6 beers and nothing more, I would get horrible anxiety/panic the next day. The warning sign for me was I started to notice I'm taking more Xanax than usual to calm myself down (I'm taking 0.5mg of Xanax with three pills being the daily max) I've never taken three Xanax pills up until now.

I wouldn't consider myself a "problem" drinker or an alcoholic because I can go days and days without drinking and never have cravings to drink. The only time when I'm out drinking is with the guys and hit the bars.

So I'm curious about you guys, have you decided to stop drinking altogether or perhaps moderated your drinking? I keep getting "health anxiety" thoughts about alcohol withdrawal although my mother and doctor rest assured me I'm not that bad and even if I did have withdrawal, it's only the anxiety. I'll admit it, I'm a hypochondriac and get all worked up about having "severe" withdrawal symptoms when it's absolutely only an irrational thought.