Thread: Sacred of drug side effects

Sacred of drug side effects

Hey guys, i just started taking lexapro, and i was always against medicine. But my anxiety isn't getting better so im taking that now. And guess what im freaking out that i will have a really bad side effect from it. I just cant stop worrying. please help

Re: Sacred of drug side effects

I started a month ago. Have you checked out the lexapro/escitalopram forum? there are lots of great posts that might help you see what you might expect from it, what's normal to experience, and what side effects will pass with time. I gained a lot from it.

I started due to depression and anxiety and one month in, most of my side effects are completely gone and I feel like myself again ... the "before anxiety" myself. I still am working on a lot, have some anxiety still but I feel much more level-headed.

I was terrified though when I started. I didn't sleep at all the first night because I was so frightened of side effects. But nothing I experienced was that bad and most of it is gone now.

Haha the funny things is that right after i took it, i went right into a panic attack and thought i was dying because i couldn't breath. But of course i could! just my mind playing tricks. Im really glad you are doing well from the meds. It gives me lots of hope.

I am not on that medication but i can tell you I am majorely scared of side effects. Even when I get heartburn medicine I have to read all the instructions and that is so irrational. I think just the fact that I am so scared of side effects makes me feel weird after I take medicines so I think in most cases my anxiety spikes purely because I am waiting for something to happen and nothing has ever happened. So I think unless you have an allergic reaction to a medicine all the rest just goes away or maximum will make you switch to a different think but it cant be dangerous. Keep strong!

Thread Information