Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Curious, who suffers headaches because of Anxiety

Curious, who suffers headaches because of Anxiety

Hello all!

I'm just curious and would like to know who suffers with headaches most of the time because of their anxiety?

To me, I think it's the worst and worrying symtom of the lot to cope with?

Red

Hi Red

When my anxiety was acute about 2 years ago, I use to suffer with really bad tension headaches. They used to worry me too and make me feel really tired and washed out. Do you suffer alot with them?

Take care

Elaine x

Hi,
    Unfortunately I do, suffered with them daily for at least 3 years!
    I've had several tests including MRI and lumber puncture and they all came back normal, and I was diagnosed with Daily Persistent Headache.
    When I worry about other symptoms though (health anxiety), the headache does disappear, which I guess show's it's anxiety.
    Red

Hi Red,

i get a lot of pain centred around my eye, it does go if i'm really engrossed in something else or like you say i have a more pressing health anxiety to worry about.

anx

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects

Peru83 is offline Intermediate Member
    I get blinding headaches sometimes. Mostly around my forehead and eye area. I also experiance the 'hair band' thingy, you know when you feel like you have a hair band on too tight. It's defenatly all tension tho. I find trying to relax helps me and maybe laying down and doing my 7/11 breathing.

Take Carexx

Claire

onwards and upwards

yeah i get them a lot too..and worse thing is once it starts i can never get rid of it my last episode lasted 3 weeks and it is horrible cos normal painkillers dont work! I too was diagnosed with daily tension headache after having a MRI scan
    Have you tried nurofen tension headache? also there is a little stick called 4head which is good..its a menthol stick and you apply it across the forehead

Such a relief to read this as I have headache everyday.I take painkillers all the time to try and get rid but dont really work just make it bareable.
    Some days they are so bad it hurts to move my head.
    It is a worry.

Hi all
    I get the daily headaches, they are horrible, I suffered from ME as well which caused me terrible headaches.I try to control with paracetamol and neurofen, but worry about the effects of taking these things everyday, daily headaches are horrible and no one understands how it feels to feel bad every day, I also feel so tired most days, I am in bed by 8 or 9pm every night and sometimes I have to sleep in the afternoon if I am able to.
    I have started on citalopram recently as the doctor think this may also help with the headaches, has any one found this to be the case??
    Love Kathy [^]

Hi all
    I get the daily headaches, they are horrible, I suffered from ME as well which caused me terrible headaches.I try to control with paracetamol and neurofen, but worry about the effects of taking these things everyday, daily headaches are horrible and no one understands how it feels to feel bad every day, I also feel so tired most days, I am in bed by 8 or 9pm every night and sometimes I have to sleep in the afternoon if I am able to.
    I have started on citalopram recently as the doctor think this may also help with the headaches, has any one found this to be the case??
    Love Kathy [^]

When I'm under extreme stress, I get these one sided crampy squeezy pains in my head. After a particularly bad episode, I'll continue to get intermittent stabbing pains that can go on for days. Had to leave my last job because of this [|)]

He who conquers himself has won a greater victory than he who conquers a city.
    - Proverbs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information