Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Curious, who suffers headaches because of Anxiety

I am at my witts end. For 8 years I have suffered from panic and headaches and even after 4 CT scans and a lumbar puncture throughout that time I am still so terrified that I am going to drop dead of an anyeurysm, blood clot or a tumour.

For the past 3 months this has been running my life - I've had to leave work numerous times feigning a migraine, I don't go more than 50 km's from a hospital and even then I'm scared (I'm 23 years old). Even as I type this my head is sore and I feel like I'm in danger. I have a great GP who assures me that it is only tension headache, nothing dangerous but I'm just so scared. Sorry to have rambled on but I feel like I've just about taken as much as I can bear!

"This too, shall pass"

Hi
    Yes I have been getting headaches lately. It also feels like a tight band around the head. A tight feeling also in the front of the head and my eyes sometimes hurt. When I lay down and relax it goes away. When I get up and think about it it w[:O]ill start up again. It is most likely tension
    Debera

Hi, I'm new here, but I wanted to reply to your question.

With my anxiety I think that my head is my weak point, by this I mean that most of my symptoms and worries are about my head, headaches dizziness, stabbing pains, numbness. I always think that there is something wrong with me. If I get any kind of symptom I don't think headache, I think tumour or aneurysm. Its horrible I know.

I suppose some people get chest pains or other anxiety symptoms as often as we get headaches, so they will be worrying about heart problems and things like that alot of the time,mind you, saying that I worry about that and everything else too.

I wish I could come up with some answers for you, but I don't know where to turn myself.

sara

:( I was amazed when I read all these posts, I thought I was the only person to have this trouble. Basically have been plagued with headaches and migraines since puberty.
    I usually have a headache most days and get migraines about every month or so. I too believed I must have some kind of brain tumour or weakness to suffer so much pain so often and had a full MRI scan which revealed nothing wrong at all.
    The neurologist said to me, and I dont know if this helps others, that if you really DID have something growing in there symptoms would be more dramatic than just pain, there would be paralysis, numbness or inability to move or focus, not simply pain. He said he saw many people come in thinking they had something terrible wrong when it was really all stress.
    I am a bit ashamed to say but I will that I can take (throughout the day) 8 or more painkillers, just to keep me working. I am also on antidepressants and have a pill called Naramig to take if a migraine starts, though the doctor closely guards these.
    I understand everything everyone says here.

Untill medication I had a headache 24/7 for three years.

I was starting to question life..!

I had MRI scans, CT scans and even a lumber puncture (horrid procedure) as I though I had a tumor.

The headaches are what caused my anxiety in life.

I'm taking 20mg of amitriptyline and this is a drug, which is commonly used for headache sufferers.

Normal painkillers would not help at all.

Hi Red,

I used to suffer with headaches before i had P & A so not sure if it is that causing them now, but i do still get headaches.

Liz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information