Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grief counselling

Re: Grief counselling

I think it is a normal reaction to feel tired, especially since you had some pent-up nervous energy beforehand. To me though, it shows that the counselling has already begun to touch you, if you see what I mean?

Yes, I don't think it is so much of my usual anxious feeling just really drained and tired. The counsellor was really lovely and I found it easy to open up to her and talk which was good

i'm so glad your session went well Annie. It is normal to feel drained afterwards, and tears are a good thing. i find them so cathartic.

Well done Annie! You did it!So glad it went well! I had a few tears in my first CBT session when I mentioned my nan and dad....It does help to let it all out to someone impartial. Crying really helps and I am still feeling that I haven't let all my tears out yet. It just hasn't reached the surface. The relief will be immense though. I just know it! So glad it went well...now that you know what to expect you will start relaxing when you know a session is approaching! xx

Thank you for your kind messages and support everyone. We decided today that my anxiety may have stemmed from when I was only 7 and my grandfather died. I remember collecting all of the photos we had with him on and covering them in plastic and putting them in a shoe box. I then wrote 'keep out' on the box and would not let anyone else touch it. That memory really made me sob. I just wanted to hold onto him and not let him go and that was my way of doing it as a 7 year old child...I wanted somehow to protect him x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information