Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worried I have ovarian cancer, please help!

Worried I have ovarian cancer, please help!

Hi everyone, im back again this time im worried about ovarian cancer.

It started about 4 weeks ago I was a bit constipated (sorry tmi) I took some dulcolax going to bed and woke in the middle of the night with awful wind pains and vomiting, once I had been the toilet the pain eased but my stomach hasnt been right since. Its very bloated with some pains too, and everytime I eat I am full straight away.

I stupidly googled and of course it came up with ovarian cancer so I rushed off to the drs this morning she thinks it could be ibs but the symptoms are almost identical to ovarian cancer. I got myself into a right state in the drs room my partner came in with me, I asked about ovarian cancer and she said she doubts it but for my peace of mind and if it makes me feel better she will send me for the CA-125 blood test which after a lot of crying I bravely went for this morning (I am petrified of needles). I had a a normal scan and an internal scan in Dec 2010 as I was having some discomfort they found 3 tiny little cysts on my uterus which they werent worried about and my ovaries were clear, I also had my first smear in June 2011 but obviously this wont detect ovarian cancer, I am 26 by the way.

The dr put me on the list for counselling as she said I cant carry on like this. Since about March this year my HA has been the worst its ever been I feel so stressed out I cant even begin to explain I have to literally drag myself out of bed in the morning (most of you will know the feeling) sorry its so long but if anyone has any words of reassurance I would be so grateful, thank you xx

Re: Worried I have ovarian cancer, please help!

Bless really feel for you. Gynae cancers have always been my worry and ovarian was a mega fear for a long time. OC does have symptoms like IBS so I see where you are coming from but the chances of you just have a few problems like that and your age would make it virtually impossible.

I had that blood test ages ago and I know you will feel better when you get the results - take faith also in your normal scan, internal etc and I know smears don't detect but still positive sign.

I honestly would say you have nothing to worry about and of course worry will maek IBS bloating worse - but I know how it is impossible not to worry so get through the results and do take up the counselling - I am in no way 'cured' from my anxiety but it has helped and I have a lot more good days than bad now.

Good luck and take care xx

Thanks for your reply, its so horrible this worry I just want to feel normal again. I feel like it is taking over my whole life

I never even thought of OC until monday night when I quickly read about it on google and then straight away I am like 'Oh my god iv got OC'

I have been trying to concentrate on the fact I had a clear scan 2 years ago, but do you think anything could happen in 2 years or would it take longer? I have heard that cervical cancer can take 10 years to grow but I am not sure if OC is the same x

'Dr' Google is a nightmare - we scare ourselves so much, don't we? I know it's hard, but please try not to get too worked up - the worry and anxiety WILL make your ibs worse and there you will be in an endless, nasty cycle of anxiety, symptoms, anxiety...

Well done for going through with the test, that must have taken a lot of courage. Try to keep that courage, stop asking google(!) and be good to yourself while you wait for your results. I am sure you will be fine xx

Hi there

I had these horrible thoughts for a few months last year, and turns out I did not have OC after hounding the living daylight out of my doc lol, it's more than likely ibs and hopefully when you are less anxious it will get better! Xx

Thanks to everyone who replied, I really appreciate it!!!!

Just phoned the doctors this morning and she said the CA125 blood test has come back normal

Hopefully it is something like IBS and my symptoms improve soon, cant think of what else it could be?? x

So pleased you hear your results were good. Unfortunately some of the symptoms for OC are similar to IBS so it can get scary but IBS is what it sounds like you have. I have it also and it can be a bit of a pain. I drink some aloe juice on a morning and it helps and also I try to avoid spicy foods as they really irritate it.

I will definately give the aloe juice a try, although I cant imagine it tastes the best

I went on a diet last year and lost 3 stone but lately I have been slipping a bit so maybe that has caused it. I am going to start eating healthy again and hopefully that will make a difference, thanks again x

The fruit flavoured aloe juice tastes better than the original.

I sympathise totally with you. I read a story last year about a woman with terminal OVarian Cancer and since then I was convinced I had it. After two deaths in the family early this year (one a baby, one 86) coinciding with a UTi which took two lots of antibiotics to shift, a black fog descended, my HA peaked and I became depressed, although I didnt know it. I thought I was terminally ill and the doctors were missing something. I had tonnes of blood tests - all fine. I had every symptom going. I too have now had the CA125 come back clear but it took me 5 months to voice my concerns. I was put on Sertraline seven weeks ago and after a very rocky first four weeks am now 95% better. I am so grateful to my doctor for taking me seriously. My symptoms were constipation, stomach cramps, IBS, nausea, complete loss of appetite (totally unlike me), palpitations, muscle twitches, erratic periods, sore muscles, high BP, spaced out feeling..the list goes on. All of these physical symptoms have disappeared! One of my docs blames the cancer awareness adverts on tv and radio - he said everyone is getting anxious and the surgery is struggling to cope. Believe me, since March I have been convinced at various times I had Ovarian Cancer, pancreatic cancer, kidney cancer, MRSA (it was a boil!)stomach cancer, bowel cancer, skin cancer, lung cancer and throat cancer. I wouldnt arrange things for holidays and even weekends because I thought I would be in a hospice by then! This week is the first week since March that I am free from the feeling that I am dying. Thank God for the NHS. I have my life back, my kids have their mum back, my husband has his wife back, my parents have their daughter back. keep fighting x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information