Thread: nearly fully recovered

nearly fully recovered

I first discovered what would be my saviour in a book shop in february 2006.The book was called self help help for your nerves by claire weekes.Reading the book was like reading about myself.The book said that anxiety sufferers problem is understanding the state they are in ie. why their heart beats fast stomach churns etc and why they think panicky thoughts etc.I started recovering by aid of the book as I stopped fighting the symptoms and instead I went with them although it was scary at first.Then suddenly one day I stopped recovering and my anxiety was as bad as ever.I didnt know what was happening.I later found out that I was having a setback.Something which isnt talked about in the book, but is a vital part of recovery. I then discovered that claire weekes had written more books on anxiety and panic etc.So I went and bought essential help for you nerves which contains two books more help for your nerves and hope and help for your nerves.But the book was so big and contained pretty much the same as self help' that i never read it all.I was very disappointed, but I knew dr weekes method has some substance to it.I was in college where the internet is free.So in my spare time I was always searching about claire weekes in google.One day i stumbled across a website www.panicfree.co.nz.which is a website run by a former sufferer of anxiety who fully recovered by using claire weekes method. He set up his own clinic in new zealand where he cures people from anxiety by using claire weekes method. He also made his own programme which incorporates all of claire weekes work into one.I rang him one day and he told me that to recover by using claire weekes method you must know all the information or read all of her books.And even then it is quite hard as you must make sense of everything.I bought his programme and started to understand everything and once again started recovering.That was 3 months ago and now I am nearly fully recovered.The difference is amazing.Im a different person.I thought Id never feel so good.Im starting to have peace of mind again at last.After suffering for nearly ten years.When I have fully recovered I will write another post.I cant wait but I must let recovery come to me as I will only become anxious if I dont.

jon

Hi ya Jon,
    wow, im happy for you that your starting to feel better.
    hope everything goes well for you.
    keep us posted.
    love,
    twiglet

Hi Jon,

Glad to hear of your continued progress. I do wish good things for you and of your continued success.

Bel

"Our thoughts are our reality"

Thread Information