Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My experience of Moviprep & Colonoscopy (Detailed)

Re: My experience of Moviprep & Colonoscopy (Detailed)

OK guys so I have my colonoscopy next week Wednesday, I am confused, when do I start the 'fibre free' diet, Monday all day? When do I start drinking the movi prep on Tuesday morning? My appointment is at 10am on Wednesday morning.

---------- Post added at 12:40 ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 ----------

Not to worry just read the moviprep website - states stop eating at 8am the day before your procedure then drink 1 litre of the solution between 1-2pm on the Tue, clear fluids between 2-5pm, then 2nd litre between 6-7pm, clear fluids between 7-10pm.

No drinking 2 hours before the procedure so from 8am on Wed morning no fluids....got it.....I think.....

Thanks for such a reassuring post. I'm half way through my first litre in preparation for colonoscopy tomorrow morning.
    Your account will help me get through the rest.

Great post. I go on the 19th and this will definitely help. I was given PegLyte though so not sure which tastes worst.

@Dotscot - Good luck tomorrow!

Thank you for the excellent (and detailed ) post.

I have my colonoscopy tomorrow (Wednesday) and have to start the Moviprep at 6pm today with the second dose tomorrow morning. Here in The Netherlands, the preparation for the colonoscopy is slightly different. I had to switch to a non-fibrous diet (white bread, sliced chicken, cheese, yoghurt, etc.) on Sunday morning.

Then at 10pm on Monday, I took 10mg of Bisacodyl which took effect this morning in a rather explosive way. Since then, everything has been fairly quiet although I just had a cheese sandwich which woke everything up again.

I have to stop eating any pseudo-real food after 3pm but can have a fluid meal of vla (runny custard) or yoghurt at 5pm. I start the first litre of Moviprep between 6pm and 7:30pm and follow it with at least a litre of liquid between 7:30pm and 9:30pm. Then after a short night's sleep, I start the second litre at 6:30am tomorrow (two hours before my alarm normally goes off ) and drink a litre of liquid between 7:30am and 8am.

Finally, I'm not allowed to drink anything at 10:45am (two hours before the procedure).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information