Thread: Constant need to urinate

Constant need to urinate

Does anyone else suffer from a constant need to urinate. It is horrible and i know it is anxiety related as i can sit in the house all day without worrying about needing the toilet and just go without thinking.....BUT when i am in most social situations, i need to go to the toilet loads of times and if i dont then i fear i may lose control of my bladder. It is terrible and i really hope that CBT helps me overcome this. Has anyone else felt this ? Did you overcome it? Really need some advice please x

2. Re: Constant need to urinate

im always like this. its just nerves and anxiety i think. i was always like that when i went out. it wasnt till i started taking benzos that it stopped for a while. now ive started sertraline its even worse at the mo, but i think that a side effect.

its normal what your feeling. dont worry

Re: Constant need to urinate

This happens to me when I am highly anxious..So even at home this happens. It is happening the same for you. You're more anxious in these situations so anxiety is making you want to pee. It is a really normal and common side effect!!

I was like that then my doctor put me on medication called oxybutynin and my bladder is really good now. But what you described sounded like me too.

Thank you for your replies everyone. I havent been on in a while. I have been to my second session of CBT and the therapist has made me realise that this symptom of anxiety is very common and by me tensing up it is makeing it worse. So we have started doing relaxation techniques. Has this worked for any of you? Also do you think i would get better if i had medication too? I just dont know how to say it to my GP.

I was going to the loo at least every hour for a wee and about 5 times through the night and I know it was my anxiety causing it and found out I could hold it longer when I fractured my foot in June! It was such a hassle for me getting to the loo that I put of going and now can last all night without going to the loo. I am not suggesting that everyone falls of a ladder and fractures their foot to overcome this problem!

Sorry to hear about your fall but it seems it has been a blessing in disguise for you!! When i am in the house i can go hours without thinking of the toilet but as soon as i am in public, social situations it is all i can think about !! I had a social work review yesterday at work and i couldnt concentrate because all i could think of is I need to get out of here and find the nearest toilet! Its horrible as i am constantly tensing up and makeing it worse.

I do experience that sometimes but just during situations I can't control. Oh well, just relax yourself and think positive thoughts. You'll surely get over this symptom.

I hope so, i am trying but sometimes it is so hard. fingers crossed cbt will help me

Thread Information