Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how long?

how long?

hi just wondering how long everyones been suffering with this damn thing...for me its 8 months now and to be honest i cant see the end of it..im having CBT but long way to go, i just cant beleive how this has changed my life...for the worse! I really hope this time next year i feel normal again as i this aint no life!!

Im with you on this one. I keep thinking i am beating it, but then it just smaks me in the face to remind me it is still there!

I hate it, it runs my life!

Hay x

5 years and counting. would give anything to be the carefree me again

jackie

Hi Ya.
    i have had this for 6.5 years. i know how you feel, its not nice at all but hang in there. it will get better.
    love,
    twiglet xx

Hi for me it's 2.5 years of hell!

Take care,

Polly

3 years this november, although i try not to keep count. CBT for me too- been doing it for a couple of months and found that it is 2 steps forward 3 steps back so far!

Sorry to be gloomy.

Lucy

nearly a month. I've had anxiety attacks before this, but never anything this bad. I hope I can one day get to the point where I can have a lay in without beginning to panic or an afternoon feeling carefree and not looking for something to distract my mind for a few minutes.

fifteen years, but it comes and goes.Some times I am prefectly fine, then wham panicy again. But I fight it like a bad person and am not willing to let anything like this control my life.!!!!!!!!!!! You just keep on fighting and try to use some ways to help you calm and distract yourself from feeling those scary feelings. If you feel it coming on, then right away do what ever you use to calm and distract yourself from the anxiety. Good luck.
    Twila[8D]

Over the last 10 years I've had 3 lots!! First time lasted a year, second time about 9 months and this time about 5 months. The first 2 times were more panic and I had panic attacks, this time it seems to be more anxiety than panic. Stick with the CBT and stay strong.
    take care
    love Helen

About 14 years for me, although I have to say its been periodic. I jhave good patches and bad patches - summer time is about the worst for me. The hot weather makes me uncomfortable and sets off a panic cycle whether I like it or not.

I expect it's different for each of us. When are they going to invent that magic pill???? the one that makes life how it used to be..... I'll order a year's supply!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information