Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how long?

Been 35 yrs for me but it wasn't full on til about 3 yrs ago.Up til then it was just a brief episode every couple of years or so and I didn't know what it was
    Phill

Don't believe everything you think.

8 years and counting for me! I'm almost always a little anxious but about every two years i have a breakdown that lasts for about 2-3 months. In the middle of one now and it feels like forever.

We're all in this together

"This too, shall pass"

It's been 32 years for me. Some years were pretty good. The symptoms keep changing. I had a pretty good year last year. The hard part is acceptance. You keep wanting to fight the symptoms. I am going to purchase Dr Claire Weeks book again. It is very informative and helped me get through some tough times.

Mia

its so amazing how anxiety affects our lives, in much the same way for everyone.I often think that once anxiety takes a hold then it will stay lurking around for good, you may have your good times and periods when you think you are cured but i feel some way it may at our low points come back... I wish i didnt feel this way and suppose that is negative...i think we have to learn to live this way and try our best to overcome it...however long it takes!

Well, maybe if we ever figure out what we are doing right when we don't have symptoms, we can do it all the time. I believe it is attitude. It is, however, very difficult to maintain a good attitude when there are so many things in life waiting to pounce on you. Mayve it is just having a more positive outlook. I notice that when I am doing better is when I am thinking more positively, and optimistic. Outside sources are usually my downfall. Someone or something is always there to kick me back over the edge.

Mia

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information