Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Silly Things Setting Off Attacks Today

Please Help. Panic Attack Happening.

I'm suffering a panic attack. It hasn't reached a peak yet, but my vision is going blurry, I have a pain down my arm, my heart is pounding, I have tingling sensations all over my face and it's hard to breath. I'm trying my best to get out of it but it seems to be winning. It's times like this I wish I had the quick solution and could swallow a Valium and a Ativan. Terrified right now and find it hard to breath and my mouth is going dry and I'm connived I'm choking.

Re: Please Help. Panic Attack Happening.

You won't choke and it can not harm you, just take some deep breaths and let your stomach relax.

Go outside and get some fresh air. I always find being cool helps me. Sorry to hear you're experiencing this, I really feel for you. Do you know what brought it on? Take some deep breaths and try to calm yourself down. Hope it passes soon.

I'm doing breathing exercises Annie. I have to realize that I'm not going to die and that this will pass. It's just the pain down the arm. I get convinced that it's a heart attack because the signs of a heart attack are a pumping heart and a pain down the arm.

it will soon pass just give it time to pass

---------- Post added at 19:23 ---------- Previous post was at 19:22 ----------

it is just adrenaline...you are in no danger

---------- Post added at 19:25 ---------- Previous post was at 19:23 ----------

It is normal for you to be feeling afraid and I know it is uncomfortable but it will soon pass

Reaching a peak Annie. Breathing is so hard. I just took a Lyrica to help relax, but they take up to a half hour to kick in. Just breathing as best I can.

Edward I have sent you a private message

Quote Originally Posted by Edward_1980 View Post
    I'm doing breathing exercises Annie. I have to realize that I'm not going to die and that this will pass. It's just the pain down the arm. I get convinced that it's a heart attack because the signs of a heart attack are a pumping heart and a pain down the arm.

STOP,

Try to think of a place and time that you where at your happiest and focus on that because if you put all you attention into the panic attack it will take longer.
    Don't over think your breathing just try to do something that has a rhythm I find tapping my fingers in a slow constant motion ie: 1 2 3 4 helps bring my breath rate down..

But most off all STOP your heart is fine you are fine

I've always believed you have an attack and then you panic.... I haven't panicked in years now due to this way of thinking...
    An attack is the feelings coming on, sometimes for no reason, the heart starts racing, dizzy etc.... It's the thoughts you then add that build adrenaline and leads to panic.... The thoughts of oh god what's happening, I'm going o faint, I'm going to have heart attack....those thoughts cause the panic to build up..... So I learnt to just let the attack to happen, and just say, ok I'm having an attack, but I'm not paying attention to it....and without fuel (adrenaline)it just dies off....

Easing off XtremX. Got a bit frightened there for a minute and begged my partner to call a Doctor to sedate me. He refused and is currently talking me through it by remembering good times we had together. Thank you so much for your advice. Annie, I'm replying to you right now :-)

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information