Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Silly Things Setting Off Attacks Today

Re: Silly Things Setting Off Attacks Today

Hiya guys,

How's everyone today? I have a question. Could I be suffering from Separation Anxiety? Mark went back to work today after being home for a while and being alone really scares me. I can't tell you the amount of rescue spray I went through today because I'm on on the edge all the time. I haven't had a panic attack or anything, but my stomach is sick, I'm agitated and I absolutely refuse to eat in case I choke and he won't be around to save me. Right now I'm anxious but not bordering on an attack, but I'm counting the minutes and watching the clock until he gets home. I rang him four times today because I needed to talk to someone.

Another update:

I'm doing fine tonight because Mark is home and I managed to have a bowl of soup and a bread roll (I'm avoiding rice, pasta, vegetables, sausages, bacon, chicken and noodles because of the choking risk) for tea. I feel OK now, but am worried about tomorrow. I really can't ask him to take any more time off of work because he has done it for me for weeks and his boss is starting to get on his back about it. I'm using my spray tonight and I have also got Valerian pills to hopefully put me at ease.

youll be fine, you did it today, and like you say he cant keep taking time of.. youve got the forum to come to, and just keep cleaning !!!

You need to try and find something positive to do yourself. My husband works away a lot and sometimes I just cry when he leaves the house but I know he is going to be away for a few days so I just tell myself to stop the tears and I find something to do, housework, gardening, going for a walk, phoning friends, baking...the list really is endless. think positive and keep busy.

Thanks guys,

I always have my rescue spray to help me and my endless cleaning lol. Just felt a twang of panic today being alone again in case something happened. Denied myself food all day even though there was a few cans of my fave Chinese Hot And Sour Soup in the cupboard. The veggies are a choking hazard for me. I will be doing things differently tomorrow though and keeping myself busy with the garden (Didn't have the weather for it today). I NEED to get rid of those weeds making my roses look common Lol. I'll also be checking in with Aware and The Samaritans if I begin to spiral into an anxiety fueled depression. It never hurts to talk, and I know I always have the forum to turn to if things take a turn.

You need to eat through the day as going without food all day will fuel the anxiety. You seem to be preparing for "spiral into an anxiety fuelled depression" Think positive!!! Tell yourself it won't happen. If you prepare to be anxious it is more likely to happen.

I can't eat when I am alone Annie. It's like my throat closes and things get stuck. If I choke while I am alone I won't have anyone to save me and I will die. I'm not thinking that I will go into a depression, it's just handy to have the numbers. It's something I hold onto.

Just eat something like rice pudding, yogurt, tomato soup, banana mashed in milk. None of those can make you choke and you really must eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie0904 View Post
    Just eat something like rice pudding, yogurt, tomato soup, banana mashed in milk. None of those can make you choke and you really must eat.
    What I do if the hunger hits Annie is open a packet of noodles and add the powder to boiling water and have a broth snack

Annie,

If you are around today I just want you to know that I have been to my Doctor and put on Fortisip for weight gain as the Zispin isn't helping much. Two shakes a day for a month to see if that helps any. I have already had one and feel grand after it. Going out to the garden soon to check on my flowers. Just having a few games of Alex In Danger to calm my nerves :-)

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread Information