Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Silly Things Setting Off Attacks Today

Re: Please Help. Panic Attack Happening.

That is very good advice Stormsky

Guys. This numb feeling in my face and throat isn't going away and my breathing is still shallow. I seriously need a Diazepam injection right now.

It will go away, you just need to try and calm yourself down, focus on your surroundings and not on how you are feeling.

I can't breathe Annie. The panic is sky high. I got my partner to ring a Doctor. I'm having a heart attack, a stroke or a brain aneurysm. I know I am. I want to go back into the ward. There I felt safe with the medical team around me and could easily get something to calm me.

The numb feeling id just because you been over breathing or the other thing is because of tension the the neck muscles can cause numbness around the throat and upto the cheek and jaw area.

Plus the one thing you are doing is still being here on the forum typing that should tell you alot that you are having nothing more than a panic attack.

These are all normal feeling from a panic attack and as soon as you calm yourself down they will go.

I ALWAYS get a numb face and heavy painful arms. Breathe and positive thoughts!! You will be fine!!

Still able to reply to posts so I'm sure there is nothing serious wrong. Feel like an utter fool now and I'm thinking back to the time I was in the Psychiatric ward and suffered a panic attack. The OT (Occupational Therapist) came and sat on my bed, talked me through the panic attack and when it passed the usual feelings of dread and shame came upon me (Did I make a fool of myself? What are they thinking about me now? They must be laughing at me because I got up in the middle of OT, scratching at my throat for air and generally making an utter fool of myself). So low right now and still waiting for the Doctor to come out and sedate me. I'm so sorry guys ok?

No need to be sorry, but you need to see it for what it is, in case it happens again....you can't keep being sedated every time you get an attack......

There is no reason for you to apologise at all, most of us here have all been in that same scary place. It is really frightening when it is happening, I am just pleased that you have managed to calm down more now. Try to relax for the rest of the evening, I am sure you are feeling quite exhausted now. sending you

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information