Thread: Tiredness and fatigue

Tiredness and fatigue

Hi everyone,,,,i was wondering if anyone else with anxiety disorders feel very tired and fatigued after doing simple tasks?? i feel especially tired if i have been on a walk or did some shopping and i normally feel the tiredness come on as im still walking on my way home,,,i notice my dizziness and blurred vision start to get worse also,,its so frustrating,,it does litterally feel like i have ran a marathon and i only did some shopping and walked home,,,i feel like im useless at the moment,,

sadness only leaves you feeling happier

Hi, yes I feel tired after simple tasks, it's awfull isnt it. I need at least 12 hrs sleep but that doesn't stop me feeling tired.

Take care,

Polly

Hi Ash

i know exactly how u feel. i find that any task whether it be a simple task or something suffocating like going shopping makes me feel tired and very dizzy, even when im sat still my head feels 'cotton wool' like. though i do find that when the anxiety is less that the dizziness is less. I try to ignore it but sometimes it can be quite strong and when accompanied with what feels like heart palpatations takes more out of me and panic trys to set in. Its taken me a while but eventually i can ignore it to some extent- i find lying on the sofa watching the tv relaxing and helps me forget about the dizziness.

i hope you feel better soon none of us are useless,just the people who judge us without understanding us are- the people who say 'pull your finger out' i have to stop myself from slapping

Anxiety is certainly exhausting.

However, if you just sat at home all the time and did nothing, you'd probably be more stressed just stewing and doing nothing!

I think that's why we feel so tired and useless before lunch. We have not been distracting ourseves enough.

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

You can also sleep too much as well as not enough.

Then the body gets used to it and is premanently tired.

Exercise will really help even though you don't feel like.

Also when you sit around doing not much you get more tired.

When I am off work on holiday and start relaxing I feel more tired. Some of it can be boredom too!

Nicola

I think you are defo right there Nicola, I probably do sleep to much!

Take care,

Polly

Oh yes I am so tired some days I can barely walk upstairs to the loo other days I am full of energy. Being anxious wears you out. I have been very anxious today and now feel completely exhausted. I try and carry on regardless or just allow myself a half hour nap in the day, Nicola is right you can sleep too much and get into a vicious circle. Just try and accept it as part of the anxiety and it will pass.
    Wendy xx

Its horrible but i found that you have to push yourself, i remember walking to the doctors and i felt so wrong like a drunk on a tread mill, i was all over the pavement. but every time i felt like turning back i reminded myself that'd be letting it get the better of me and pushed myself to keep going, by the time i left i felt fine.
    if i'd of turned back i would have enddded up in bed for the rest of the day.

I get extreme tiredness, sometimes when having visitors who stay for several hours and want to talk incessantly.... [8)][Sigh...]

Dave

Actually I was quite glad to read this thread as I have exactly this too.

I cut the hedge this afternoon which took about an hour and the flipping cutter is so heavy that when I came in my wrists were knackered and the muscles of my wrists and forearms so weak that I could barely hold a glass in either of my arms they were trembling so much.

This has decided me that I must try and get a bit fitter in an allround sort of way as I think the less we do, the less we want and are capable of doing. Years ago I could lug round wardrobes and spend a whole day gardening without being reduced to trembling wreck.

I think anxiety takes such a lot of our strength and stamina that it doesnt leave a lot over does it.

And of course everytime I feel like this I have at least 5 dreadful diseases to blame and scare myself with![:I][:I][:I]

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Thread Information