Thread: I'm really confused. Do I have a digestive issue or something else? Worried!

Unhappy I'm really confused. Do I have a digestive issue or something else? Worried!

Hiya guys. I'll post the thread here since I'm not too sure where else to put it. If you could read all of this and give me advice I would be SO grateful.

You see, the feeling I'm getting is hard to explain so please bare with me.

Basically, it feels as if something is coming back up into my throat. It being food or drink, I don't know. (It's never come back into my mouth.) However, I'm almost certain it isn't food or drink as it happens as soon as I wake up........ Unless it takes me longer than 7 hours to digest food/drink? Don't think so.
    This happens EVERY DAY, ALL DAY (Every 5-30 minutes or so) without fail. It's really uncomfortable.

It basically feels as if I'm about to puke (Although I never do), but then it's either a belch or that 'feeling' in my throat goes back down. Since I'm scared to death of vomiting (Have emetophobia ) it makes everything 100x worse. It's strange though because although I'm always scared of vomiting, I haven't vomited in 7 years. (And don't want to ever again either!)

I'm always belching and most of the times they need quite some force to pass them. That's when sometimes a bit of liquid or thick liquidy stuff (lol sorry I don't know how else to put it ) comes up further in my throat.

Today, I do my usual force belching and strong acid came up in my throat a little which was horrible! After that happened, I thought I MAY know what I have. Acid Reflux. Then again, I don't think I do! Why? I went to my doctors last month describing my symptoms and as usual they blame it on 'anxiety' although I've had this problem longer than I started getting anixety. They said I MAY have Acid Reflux, so they prescribed me Gaviscon and it DIDN'T work... So then I immediately thought it's not Acid Reflux. However, I'm now occasionally getting a burning sensation in my chest or sometimes my stomach, so I take a Rennie and that burning sensation disappears but that's all it cures.

I'm worried because since I've had this for years (And that it's gotten worse over the year I think..) and left it untreated (I will tell you why I didn't seek medical attention in the years shortly) that it will develop into something serious. Like esophagus cancer or something.

I didn't seek any medical advice in the earlier years because I was told by my parents that I'm just a 'naturally gassy person' and that there's 'nothing wrong with me' so I believed them and just carried on with my life. But, after I've grown up with this, I've realised that there is something wrong with me.

For the past 2 weeks I've been feeling suicidal! Because to be frank, this is driving me crazy. I feel as if this problem will never get cured. ALSO, it seems like everyone thinks this is all anxiety related. My parents think I'm all 'fine and perfectly healthy' and that I'm stupid for worrying over something that's not even 'there'... It feels like the end of the world when no one understands your problems and constantly calls you 'stupid' I'm depressed over this.

If you did read this all, then thank you very much. I hope you guys don't think I'm 'crazy' as well lol...

What do you think this is and what do you think I should do?

Re: I'm really confused. Do I have a digestive issue or something else? Worried!

The best thing to try for this would be Omeprazole but please do check with your doctor that you are ok to take it first.

The likes of Gavoiscon and Rennie never worked for me but Omeprazole works wonders.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: I'm really confused. Do I have a digestive issue or something else? Worried!

Thank you for the reply.

I will mention that when I go to the doctors next Friday. Hopefully, I can settle this once and for all before I go insane lol.

Watch what you eat as well - bland foods and nothing too spicy or rich.

Other things that aggrevate it are caffeine, alcohol and smoking

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information