Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cold/numb toes

Cold/numb toes

Hello again,
    I'm dealing with quite a few neuro symptoms and the last one is a cold/numb feeling in the toes of my left leg. It's not like they are completely numb...but it seems I don' feel them normal...and they seems cold (or at least colder than the right ones). I've had (and still have) a weak feeling on my left leg...but now I'm more concerned about this "strange" feeling of me toes.

Anyone with something similar?

Thank you

Re: Cold/numb toes

Did the cold feeling come on in a period where you have been anxious because when my anxiety levels are high I experience hot/cold numb sensations in hands legs etc.

I guess it has been before...but it's more noticable the last few days (I had a bad hangover last friday) and the fact that I'm focusing on it is making it worse...

It's horrible to worry about things like that, give it 2 days and if no better go to the doctors and get his opinion, I know it's hard but try to forget about it for now.

I hope it will get better...I'm scared to go to the docs and avoid them all the time

I am exactly the same I sit and worry that not only I might be Ill but that I might have to go to the doctors I freak out, I'm 18 and I make my mum go with me to docs I get that worked up lol.

I'm a bit older...so can't get my mom with me

Oh well hope the problem goes away soon

The odd numb finger, toe or thumb and the random nature of it is part of the parasthaesia caused by anxiety. It is mentioned in the list of symptoms section of this site:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms/

Another symptom directly resulting from this is tingling in fingers and toes. A sure sign of hyperventilation. The numbness is a symptom that its hard to get used to , why 3 fingers and not the whole hand or just the right side and not the left etc. This often leads people to self diagnosing strokes and fits whereas this is just hyperventilation and extremely easy to correct.
    When I was suffering I went for several days with either a toe, a couple of toes or a finger would feel numb. Sometimes the numbness was at the tip, sometimes it was under the nail bed. It was often but not always accompanied by a tingling/burning sensation in my hands or feet and/or around my mouth. This could also last for days.

The doctor told me it was caused by chronic hyperventilation. Worrying about it makes it worse; not worrying makes it fade away.
    Last edited by Jules147; 01-10-12 at 14:30.

Thank you Jules...I've had before numb sensations...however the difference this time is that it's accompanied by a cold feeling. I'm workin in a A/C room now and the toes of my left leg feel so cold, while the right leg toes normal...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information